Styling Meshing my bumper

Currently reading:
Styling Meshing my bumper

Decided that today i would mesh my front bumper until i can afford to get a storm 1 (maybe 2) bumper.

anyway...

bumper1.jpg

My cinq without its bumper ;)

bumper2.jpg

The bits that I cut out [}:)]

bumper3.jpg

The bumper, sanded and sprayed :D

bumper4.jpg

Glueing the mesh to the bumper (the cat food is to weigh it down) :p

More pics later! im hoping to finish today

Cinq Sporting
1.1L engine
K&N 57i kit
Sparkrite alarm system.
Standard all the rest.

What glue did you use to glue the mesh onto the back of the bumper and also what did you use to cut the holes (and don't ust say a saw).

I want to do the same thing with my front bumper, and was wondering how easy it is do to.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Brian

Ask any racer, any real racer, it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning!

before you put it back on get a square plate made and do what i did on my cinq before it died! gets sum sub box air vents and cut these into the spaces by the normal plate number and use the holes as cold air feeds!!!!

whos ur daddy!???

bumper easy to get off?

wondering incase i cant get an abarth :p

current cinq is very easy to get bumper off, u tap it from the left and it'll pop off :p

Now written off Cinquecento Sporting,
and yes it was indeed Broom Yellow :(

Dont worry, the poppy coral lives on for another car :p

right .. all done and finished... well kinda, just gotta pic off some of the glue that seeped through to the front of the mesh and is visible. wont take long.

anyway, more photos...

7.jpg

Here it is with the glue still drying. I just had to match it upto the car to see with it would look like! [8)]

1.jpg

Heres the finished thing. back on with the number plater [8D]

Now to answer ur questions...

Donz : nope, never happened ;)

DJ_Bucho : I used an adhesive called "Grabs like nails" which I got from B&Q. its just basicly a sealant for outdoor use which seems to work really well.

To cut out the parts of the bumper i did actually first use a saw
[xx(] but it was taking too long so i used a jigsaw cutter which finished the job in a few mins.

its pretty easy to do. took me about 10 mins to cut out the holes, bout 10 mins to sand down the bits that needed sanding, I used an electric sander. then about 30mins to spray and dry and then putting the mesh on took about 30mins with drying time too.

quite an easy job. hardest part was taking off and putting the bumper back on.

iandaman : I aint got a clue what ur on about sorry mate :p

GhostWKD : easy enough, just a few fiddly screws that are a pain in the arse to get to! First you have to jack up the car, take off the wheel, then take the whole dust cover thing off, then theres 2 screws , undo them, then do the same on the other side. then theres 2 screws in the engine bay, once there off it just pops off. 6 screws altogether.

Oh and im going to post so more pics in the members motors section.

Cinq Sporting
1.1L engine
K&N 57i kit
Sparkrite alarm system.
Standard all the rest.

how easy is it to spray the bumper? I haven't a clue about these things and my cinq looks identical to yours, yet the bumpers are really faded and look pretty naff, want it all matching...any help would be brilliant

well seen as yours are faded it might not be a good idea to do it how i did it as mine isnt faded atall and so could just spray a new coat over without it looking patchy.

If you want to give it a whole new coat of black then i suggest trying spraying other things first so u get some practice before doing big things.

Cinq Sporting
1.1L engine
K&N 57i kit
Sparkrite alarm system.
Standard all the rest.

I was thinking that, a few interior parts need spraying so was gunna try them first also got told that bumper black or something was good....

oh, are ur bumpers not bodycoloured then? mine are as i have a sporting and are easier to paint over cause they already have a colour.

If they arent body coloured then you need to give it a good nice sand to smoothen it out a bit. then you need to goto halfords and get some plastic primer. you want to give the whole thing a coat of this. then you need to lightly sand it down to make sure there are no imperfections in the paint. then give it another light coat of the primer. then when thats fully dry you want to give it a coat of the colour your car is... mines "Fiat Black" for example. you need to give it a really light first coat (quickly spray a really thin coat) then leave this for aobut 10 mins. then whether its dry or not, you need to spray on a full coat of the colour. try not to spray too much in one place because it will run and then you will have to end up doing another coat. when that coat is done leave it till the next day so its really nice and dry. If some paint has run or been smudged or there is a hair in it (bloody pets) then you need to lightly sand that area and give just that area a quick coat. it will blen with the other paint and wont be patchy.

when uve done that you need to goto halfords again and get some "universal laquer" or "clear laquer". this is a clear layer of a kind of varnish that will make the paint nice and resistant to flaking and cracking etc. you need to give it 2 coats of this. its just light spraying paint but try not to put too much in one area or it will run. when you put it on it will look misty (kinda, it wont be a perfect shine that the paint had) but will try nice and shiny and smooth. when thats all done, put it on heh. but make sure its all dry.. leave it overnight.

I did that on the rear bumper on my uno and it looked great.

Cinq Sporting
1.1L engine
K&N 57i kit
Sparkrite alarm system.
Standard all the rest.

I did my 899cc's Bumpers about 6 month's back, got piccies and a fairly good explanation of what I did..

Piccys - http://www.houseofrandom.4t.com/dump

What I did - https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1664&SearchTerms=,

Oh, and I practiced by doing my mirrors! Theyre better than the bumpers and done in about a one-tenth of the time. All in all, took 4 days for the bumpers, and 1 day for the mirrors, all prep, painting and lacquering.

Oh, it costed £60.

Tom (AofB)

1 x 93' Cinq SX
1 x 95' Cinq Sporting
= Loads a' fun!

Tried, but didnt have the right tools and I was starting to fook up the nut heads, so I gave up on that one.

Erm, what part of yure bumper did yu spray?

Tom (AofB)

1 x 93' Cinq SX
1 x 95' Cinq Sporting
= Loads a' fun!

that looks absolutely quality, mate. have you driven it yet? keep your engine nice and cool?

Sie

Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, Pioneer ICE

Back