General Mouldy dash

Currently reading:
General Mouldy dash

furry787

Hi people!

Haven't used my beloved panda in a couple of weeks, but used it today to find that the hammock/dash thing has started growing furry mould. yuk!. Anyone know of any good cleaning product to get rid of it or has anyone got/had the same problem?. im a really clean person, honest! :D

it jus keeps on goin!

believe it or not theres an old thread about this!

https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1153&SearchTerms=,mouldy,

- - Donz - -

Oh no!

I empathise completely - that thread was about my poor Panda.

Unfortunately, the photographs are not visible because NTL annihilated my website and I'm still trying to get it back. However, if you PM me your email address I'll send you a few pictures of how mine looked.

You can try [email protected] (my university address) instead if you like ...

BTW, be very careful in the brushing/scrubbing: you can easily tear the fabric, particularly if it's wet or worn ... replacing the fabric is an absolute pig to do as you will need to completely dismantle the dashboard.

I speak from experience. Fortunately in my case I was able to dry out the affected parts after using a heavy duty carpet cleaner and spraying with a fungicide afterwards.

Keeping the car in use and allowing the air to circulate helps, of course :)

ONE LAST THING - do you have condensation on your windscreen or any other glass? You may have a leak that needs sorting. This will be spotted more easily on a sunny day as the car warms up inside.

Ensure that the gear lever rubber gaiters both inside and outside are undamaged - they could let in water. Do the footwells feel damp - this could mean that the windscreen seal has failed ....

Good luck and hope you get rid of it all!

Steve the geriatric Panda and Beagle freak

G781 TUT: White Panda 1000CL - currently off the road
J??? ???: Red Panda 1000CL - watch this space!

Back