General Supagard - any good?

Currently reading:
General Supagard - any good?

gloop

Anyone got it? Is it worth it? What does it cost the dealer? Thanks.

SchooweeNick said:
A complete supaguard kit costs a LOT more than that to buy.

+ Valeting and treating...

Plus the window etching plus keyguard plus security features.......

Its a LOT more than just a treatment pack.

I'd pay around 250 and be more than happy!
I agree, the dealer is also charging you to apply all of the products,

I was talking about the cost to the dealer to buy to the polish/scotchguard.

Fiats come already window etched, so don't pay for that, also, just put one of those "return these keys for a £10 reward" keyrings on. It worked for me.

deeyup

deeyup said:
I agree, the dealer is also charging you to apply all of the products,

I was talking about the cost to the dealer to buy to the polish/scotchguard.

Fiats come already window etched, so don't pay for that, also, just put one of those "return these keys for a £10 reward" keyrings on. It worked for me.

deeyup

Iknow thats what you meant... I manage 2 fiat parts departments and I can assure you that they cost a LOT more than 40!

Fiats come etched with chassis numbers.. yes

They dont come with security etching relating to who owns the car etc on a national database.

I agree anyone can valet a car if they really want to and treat their car with scotchguard or paint protection.

A dealer charges you for the pack + a full valet and treatment (2 hours-ish) and then a profit margin..

a DECENT valet can cost around a 100 pounds + the kit + profit...
like i said 250 is a good price to pay...

SchooweeNick said:
Iknow thats what you meant... I manage 2 fiat parts departments and I can assure you that they cost a LOT more than 40!

Ahah! May I ask you another question then - what's the relative difference in cost / value between rear drum brakes and rear disc brakes (and any other brake-specific parts) on a GP? Very grateful for your insight. Thanks!

Last edited:
gloop said:
Ahah! May I ask you another question then - what's the relative difference in cost / value between rear drum brakes and rear disc brakes on a GP? Very grateful for your insight. Thanks!

You converting? Disc brakes are better for more powerful cars although most braking is done at the front of the car... so drums are usually fine. costwise? Usually drums are more expensive than discs, shoes more expensive than pads... calipers are dearer than backplate/cylinders adjusters etc usually.

Depends on model BHP etc..

Also discs look much better though.

SchooweeNick said:
Fiats come etched with chassis numbers.. yes

They dont come with security etching relating to who owns the car etc on a national database.
I had a letter this morning regarding the etching on my windows of my new fiat.
the etchings on my Fiat are not chassis numbers. they are a unique number which is stored on a national database by Retainagroup.

It is security marking to deter theft.

the first numbers are the unique etch code, the second numbers are the telephone number of retainagroup

sorry:(

deeyup

Attachments

• IMGP1004.JPG
    IMGP1004.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 45
SchooweeNick said:
You converting? Disc brakes are better for more powerful cars although most braking is done at the front of the car... so drums are usually fine. costwise? Usually drums are more expensive than discs, shoes more expensive than pads... calipers are dearer than backplate/cylinders adjusters etc usually.

Depends on model BHP etc..

Also discs look much better though.

Converting? I wish!

Ordered 1.4 16v Eleganza - orginally specced with discs all round. Fiat have since changed their mind and delivered it with drums. Now in discussions about the level of compensation... Best of all would still be for them to fit discs!

What do you reckon?

gloop said:
Converting? I wish!

Ordered 1.4 16v Eleganza - orginally specced with discs all round. Fiat have since changed their mind and delivered it with drums. Now in discussions about the level of compensation... Best of all would still be for them to fit discs!

What do you reckon?

In all seriousness I think I'd go for compo.. I honestly dont think they'll modify to discs. And I dont think they're essential on the 1.4 really. the drums will be more than adequate.

I'd go for some Vouchers out of them and use them for free service's or some accesories?

I didn't get any superguard. not from the dealer or treat the car myself.
I can't see the dealer doing it without charging, and i didn't pay any extra.

I thought they all get it as standard. Don't know though.
Anyone else got these etchings?
My wifes espace has it, and so did my old scenic as standard. But of course thats renault.

£250 is good value, if you don't have to do any work.
It would take me a day to apply that stuff, and i'd most prob balls it up too:D
and end up ruining my seats or something:)

deeyup

deeyup said:
I agree,

discs won't add a penny to resale value, but not paying for a few services or something like that is money in your pocket.

I guess I just feel ripped off - the whole point of getting a new car is being able to choose the exact one you want (finances allowing!). We ordered ESP, which will presumably be less effective on drums - and discs look SO MUCH BETTER!

deeyup said:
I didn't get any superguard. not from the dealer or treat the car myself.
I can't see the dealer doing it without charging, and i didn't pay any extra.

I thought they all get it as standard. Don't know though.
Anyone else got these etchings?
My wifes espace has it, and so did my old scenic as standard. But of course thats renault.

deeyup

Exactly the same as you mate. Have got the etchings and the letter from retainagroup about it, but did not pay for the supagard. Strange. Maybe they etch the sportings only?

Alex

how much do the standard / first / first few services cost then?

gloop said:
how much do the standard / first / first few services cost then?

anyone? it's a fixed price wherever you go, isn't it?

Back