General 3rd year warranty claims

Currently reading:
General 3rd year warranty claims

michael2208

Hi All,

I have a 2yr 3 month old jtd with a slipping clutch.

23,200 miles on clock.

Yep, it is apparently the way I drive.

Last car I had, Focus diesel with 92,000 and no slipping clutch.

My question.

Anybody had any joy with FIAT in pointing out that the clutch should last beyond such a low mileage?

Cheers:slayer:

Last edited:
i have an 04 jtd, it had a slipping clutch at 33,000 miles, car 18months old at the time. garage refused to fix it until they saw it happen. after the sixth visit to the garage they agreed it slipped (i did provide an aa breakdown on the first visit but this was ingnored).

after a few letters to fiat uk, and a few calls from customer service 'executives' they agreed to fit a new clutch at fiats expense,

( i first complained to fiat in janauary this year and the replacement clutch was fitted in june - only a 6 month battle)

does your clutch slip in high gears only? mine did this, i asked the garage what was wrong with the clutch but they refused to say.

michael2208 said:
Hi All,

I have a 2yr 3 month old jtd with a slipping clutch.

23,200 miles on clock.

Yep, it is apparently the way I drive.

Last car I had, Focus diesel with 92,000 and no slipping clutch.

My question.

Anybody had any joy with FIAT in pointing out that the clutch should last beyond such a low mileage?

Cheers:slayer:

what month was car the registered, as mine is 2 year and 3 months old.........i wonder if they could have been fitted or made with duff clutches????????

Car was registered in July 06, which is 2yrs 2 months:bang:

Sorry

It seems to happen when turbo comes in in 3rd and 4th.

Oil on clutch plate I suspect.:confused:

michael2208 said:
Car was registered in July 06, which is 2yrs 2 months:bang:

Sorry

It seems to happen when turbo comes in in 3rd and 4th.

Oil on clutch plate I suspect.:confused:

mine was registered in july! aa suspected oil on clutch plate but I didn't notice oil dripping anywhere, it didn't need topping up.

mine slipped more in 5th at about 65mph when just about to overtake, or pull on to the motorway.

might be worth posting another thread to find out how many people have had clutches replaced.....seems to be a common thing

Cost me to get my clutch replaced at 17,763 miles and they point blank refused to pay for it as they put it down to either the way i drive which got shoved bak in their faces as i wasn't amused at being told it's the way i drive or wear and tear. Cost me £93 for the clutch as my car had detonated the gearbox, diff and driveshaft seals so the gearbox wlda been off anyways

Back