General CD Changer Compatibility

Currently reading:
General CD Changer Compatibility

stilo vlp

Hi all,

New user & new stilo owner! (y)
1.6 active sport steel grey (standard apart from new stilo grille)

does anyone know if it is poss to use my MCD36 :worship: (from my old bravo) with my new stilo (fiat visteon head unit)

Cheers

1x punto sporting ,1x bravo 80 sx ,1x stilo active sport

Re: stilo cd changer

stilo vlp said:
Hi all,

New user & new stilo owner! (y)
1.6 active sport steel grey (standard apart from new stilo grille)

does anyone know if it is poss to use my MCD36 :worship: (from my old bravo) with my new stilo (fiat visteon head unit)

Cheers

1x punto sporting ,1x bravo 80 sx ,1x stilo active sport

Hi, it isn't possible to use the MCD-36 with the Visteon unit, unless you can find a convertor box . . . will probably be expensive, if it even exists!!

Stilo Changer Compatability!?

Hi there! I'm new to the forum, just bought an 02 reg Fiat Stilo in Broom Yellow last week! I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm planning on upgrading my head unit in the near future, but I want to keep the 5 disc changer in the upper glove box. Anyone know which after market headunits it would be compatible with or whether there are any adapters? One other thing is that I haven't been given a code for the changer, how could a find mine out?

Thanks!

Re: Stilo Changer Compatability!?

i think its just blaupunkt head units which are compatible with the cd changer. im just going to wire subs and amps up to standard head unit so looks normal still but will b loud!

Fair enough, I'm open to opinion, could I get one (any make) that would fit snug into that upper glove box? and how do I get it out?

Cheers!

Great car purchase there, welcome to the Broom Closet!!! (my new Club for Broom Yellow FIAT drivers :D).

Changer; you've got the IDC-A09. It's compatible with only Blaupunkt units, and you'd have to check with a car audio accessory outlet (or the net) for adapters.

The IDC-A09 is a standard single-DIN unit, so any unit of the industry standard size will go in - but there aren't that many of that size (changer I mean)! Failing that you'll need to route the cables into the boot and install a new changer there.

Code; if it's needed, there are *certain* websites you can post the serial number of your unit and somebody will respond with the code; again, google it :).

Welcome to the forum too!!! :wave:

bozzy said:
Very good rroope, I like that :)

No worries Boz, you know you're like my Number 1 for the whole Yellow Stilo thing :D

Keep it real, keep it yellow!

Cheers guys! Well I'll have to have a think about it! And thanks for letting me in the closet, broom yellow quite simply brushes any other colour aside, got to say the yellow swept me off my feet when I first saw it, very clean and tidy!

Witdabeats said:
Cheers guys! Well I'll have to have a think about it! And thanks for letting me in the closet, broom yellow quite simply brushes any other colour aside, got to say the yellow swept me off my feet when I first saw it, very clean and tidy!

I'm rather drunk and that's got me giggling like a school girl :D:D:D

Great car purchase there, welcome to the Broom Closet!!! (my new Club for Broom Yellow FIAT drivers :D).

Changer; you've got the IDC-A09. It's compatible with only Blaupunkt units, and you'd have to check with a car audio accessory outlet (or the net) for adapters.

The IDC-A09 is a standard single-DIN unit, so any unit of the industry standard size will go in - but there aren't that many of that size (changer I mean)! Failing that you'll need to route the cables into the boot and install a new changer there.

Code; if it's needed, there are *certain* websites you can post the serial number of your unit and somebody will respond with the code; again, google it :).

Welcome to the forum too!!! :wave:
so dose this mean i could buy any single din unit and connect to my cn+

Back