Technical Electric N/S window not working

Currently reading:
Technical Electric N/S window not working

jep73

Hi everyone
New to all this.
My Brava has an electric window that won't go down with any switch. I have metred the switch which has power and switches with power, but at the motor the power comes up to 12v then drops to 0v straight away, The motor Would be greatful of any HELP.
Thanks

Disconnect the window from the motor then try it. If you can try the drivers window motor on the wiring. cos it sounds to me like the motor is trying to ppush and thinking the window is all the way up.

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I have metred the power with the plug off the motor.

the motor will more then likly provide a resistance (Load) until the window is up then the car stops winding the window up. the motor off will tell the car the window has stopped. it needs a load.

Otherwise you could burn the motor out. it only takes a small load to tell the motor to tell the car to stop sending electric.

In simple terms.

power the motor directly using a live and earth from the battery, switch the live and earth round to change between up and down. if it works like this then the problem is in the switch or wiring, and not the motor.

Thanks for the replies. All fixed now, just undid the nut that hold the motor and the 2 along the window tried the switch and the window came down. cheap as chips.:slayer:

Back