General Cracked rad? New to Seicentos!

Currently reading:
General Cracked rad? New to Seicentos!

Pulse

Went to look at a Seicento yesterday, and all was good, except one thing...

First of all, let me start with a tiny bit of background, which may help.

It's an '03' Plate Seicento Sporting, in Black. It has 19k miles.

All looks good around the body, and the interior is all fine, but...

There's a few cracks around one of the 'bolts/screws' (not sure what they are) at the forefront of the engine bay, on what I presume is the radiator?

I have included a picture below showing what I'm talking about.

It's the silver bit at the forefront of the engine bay, on the left hand side (as you look at it), just to the right of the left headlight (again, as you look at it), and it has 3 'screws' in it. The cracks are around the screw closest to the front of the car, 2nd one in. It looked to be cracked from twisting or something like that, so could it simply be caused by one of the bolts being tightened too much, is it a common problem, or is it something that really could only have been done by being in a crash? I could see no stress marks on the chassis.
If in the eventuality that this part would need replacing (only way I can think that it wouldnt is if it's just the radiator cover or something), then what am I looking at to get it done at Fiat (roughly)?

I think that's all for now, but let me know if you need more info!

Pic: http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=359837864

Relax. The silver bit at the front is a cover over the exhaust manifold. It collects hot air which the lower pipe to the air filter collects to aid running in cold weather.

The part will do the job fine for many years to come.

The radiator cannot really be seen from the top of the engine bay unless your head is in there. Its inside the bumper at the offside lower corner.

Cheers

D

Ok, thanks! :D Makes me feel better!

A bit weird how it's got quite badly cracked though isnt it? Should this be any cause for concern? How much would it be to replace, and I'll try to get that knocked off the price ;)

The cracking is caused by the tin and the steel bolt expanding and contracting at different rates. No cause for concern, and very difficult to replace, the bolts usually seize in the manifold.

Worth trying for £50 off though

Cheers

D

Ok, thanks.

It's a shame that it's difficult to replace, as it's very obvious, and of course then we will come across issues when we come to sell it. :(

PS if anyone reading this has a picture of this happening to theirs, please post it, as I'd like a look :)

Here ya go :) Had it from new, no accidents etc.

Is that and ABS version your looking at? Whats that item near the master cylinder??

Kristian

Attachments

• 17082006(001).jpg
    17082006(001).jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 17082006(002).jpg
    17082006(002).jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 17082006.jpg
    17082006.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 12
Hi Kritip!

That's just an example from Autotrader. The one I'm looking at is just a normal 03 plate sporting, not the michael schumacher or anything like that.

Not quite similar... A bit worse than that in actual fact... Spider cracked from the one bolt basically... Looks a bit twisted too. Nothing to worry about though? I presume you've had no issues with yours?

Back