haynes manual is crap! lol

Currently reading:
haynes manual is crap! lol

well my max power haynes punto modding manual had several wrong things, and when looking in my normal punto haynes manual, iv seen about 5 things wrong in 5 mins of looking, there crap! they dont seem to realise there is a 1.2 spi and a 1.2 mpi, so its all messed up!

finding mistakes or omissions in haynes is great, now you have an excuse to contact them and complain. i've been doing it for years, sometimes you're wrong and they give you a right sarcy email back, but most of the time they're pleased to get the info. tell them, or tell me whats wrong and i'll tell them.

the maxpower modder's guides are very probably wrong, they were written by kids for kids.

you say they dont seem to realise there is a 1.2 spi and a 1.2 mpi, how do you know they dont relaise, maybe they only used the more common of the two in the manual. if you read it should tell you which model(s) are included. it doesnt mean they arent aware of them. the bravo/a haynes doesnt include the hgt but i'm sure they know there was an hgt, just not enough of them were sold to justify its inclusion.

jug said:
finding mistakes or omissions in haynes is great, now you have an excuse to contact them and complain. i've been doing it for years, sometimes you're wrong and they give you a right sarcy email back, but most of the time they're pleased to get the info. tell them, or tell me whats wrong and i'll tell them.

the maxpower modder's guides are very probably wrong, they were written by kids for kids.

you say they dont seem to realise there is a 1.2 spi and a 1.2 mpi, how do you know they dont relaise, maybe they only used the more common of the two in the manual. if you read it should tell you which model(s) are included. it doesnt mean they arent aware of them. the bravo/a haynes doesnt include the hgt but i'm sure they know there was an hgt, just not enough of them were sold to justify its inclusion.
well they obviously are not aware of the 1.2 spi and mpi

it says the manual includes the 1108 and 1242cc, 8v and 16v and others...

and the 75 isnt in whats included neither in whats not included.

all refences to the 1.2 8v show the 75 engine, never the 60, and also it shows a picture of a 1108 but its a 75? lol

At least you are able to get hold of one.

They told me they dont do one for the Stilo and they have no plans to!!

Ah well, who needs one with all the Stilo guru's we have on here (y) :D

I don't think there is a Haynes manual for a single diesel Fiat. The tipo manual doesn't cover diesels or the 2.0 16v. The bravo manual doesn't cover the JTD and there isn't a manual for the Marea, although they are considering it apparantly and will cover the 2.0 and JTD models.

Hellcat said:
I don't think there is a Haynes manual for a single diesel Fiat. The tipo manual doesn't cover diesels or the 2.0 16v. The bravo manual doesn't cover the JTD and there isn't a manual for the Marea, although they are considering it apparantly and will cover the 2.0 and JTD models.

Bet they are gonna do them for all the Vauxhall CDTI's though :rolleyes:

Hellcat said:
the punto mk1 one covers, the D and turbo diesel models, but who knows if the info is correct? lol :confused:

Back