Technical Strada 130tc solex carbs info +set up.

Currently reading:
Technical Strada 130tc solex carbs info +set up.

FULA28

Hi folks i newbe for sure and im in a right ole' mess with my carbs if any one can help? I have a pair or addhe 40,s off my strada 130tc and desperately need some info on them like whats the choke sizes for starters and the usual jet sizes/mains /emulsion tubes/aircorrectors/piolet jet/ any ideas of where i could find a diagram or spec sheets for these carbs as they have been butcherd and nothing matches up god only knows whats someone been upto in them.hope someone can help.cheers M:bang: :bang: Mark.

I'm pretty sure we did a rebuld of some sort on these solexes. Will consult my brother - maybe they were just taken apart, cleaned and rebuilt. Can't remember, as he was the one getting the parts...

Morten.

The are not "non-rebuidable" but they are not designed to be rebuilt or altered, not like webers anyway. Jets cannot be swapped for other etc. Solex's are similar to Dell'ortos, some parts fit.

Hiya, I have a pair of solex 40 webers in my garage which I can sell at reasonable cost to you if it helps you build a good useable pair of carbs? These carbs were last used 3 years ago on my race strada 130 abarth, and have been dry stored since. Other than that, why don't you just buy a pair of twin weber 40's or 45's if you cant sort your solex's

SteveNZ said:
The are not "non-rebuidable" but they are not designed to be rebuilt or altered, not like webers anyway. Jets cannot be swapped for other etc. Solex's are similar to Dell'ortos, some parts fit.

You're right. We just did a rebuild / repair. The Haynes manual covered it... But they seem to work very well. If I can remember correctly, the Webers had steel air intake, and Solexes had red plastic air intakes (which melts at incorrect adjustment). Have never owned one with a Weber carb / steel intakes.

Morten.

Thanks guys for you help info etc i thinks its time for a pair of dcoe,s as these Solex,s are proving to be a pain and i just don,t have the time to faf about with them.So Ebay tastic i guess.Cheers Mark.:)

Hiya, I have a pair of solex 40 webers in my garage which I can sell at reasonable cost to you if it helps you build a good useable pair of carbs? These carbs were last used 3 years ago on my race strada 130 abarth, and have been dry stored since. Other than that, why don't you just buy a pair of twin weber 40's or 45's if you cant sort your solex's
Hi there, just picked up on your message in the forum whilst looking for Solex service providers. I have a '78 1800cc Spider, are your carbs suitable for my motor? I'm currently looking at a couple of different manifolds (they all seem to have standard inlet side suitable for Weber/Dellorto/Solex) so I'm hoping yours will be right. Cheers, Jon.

Back