General engine fault

Currently reading:
General engine fault

adamp

i get the engine fault light come on ,not all the time and when it come,s on it go's off ive had it on the computer and it comes up with no faults .can any body help me with this .

thanks
from stilo multiwagon jtd mad ad:slayer:

Errr sounds like it's an intermittent fault then. They're the best:)

Any clues as to when it happens? Start up? When it's wet?

Sometimes waiting until the warning stays on is the only way:confused:

Deckchair5 said:
Sometimes waiting until the warning stays on is the only way:confused:
He's going to love you for that suggestion Decks :p but sadley quite often very true :(

I've always been told that's not the case with the Stilo but I still reckon it is; the Bravo/a rule was wait 3 mins with the injector light on and the fault is recorded!

Adam, had a similar problem with my ABS/ESP system; turned out to be a brake switch, but the first time it went in there were no codes. I left it for 2 weeks, fault was coming on more and more; took it back. They did a scancheck (thanks Ian :D) and they found the fault.

Had the engine steamcleaned recently? Got water in or near the engine bay, or driven through any puddles?

Guys, you know I'm heading down the D4 route!!

T14086 said:
I remember this,so they got it I take it?

Intermittent faults are so much easier if you have examiner;)

Yeah, well they've diagnosed, but I've been waiting 3 weeks for the brake light switch to come into stock! Bit pathetic for something like a brake light switch!!

it,s when i am driving it come's on engine fault and 2 sec's later it go's out and it happens every now and again .
it's been checked out on the computer but it's coming up with nothing .
thanks for all of you replying.:slayer:

Back