Technical Fuel pipe question

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel pipe question

Hi Guys
I`m just finalising my mpi conversion and have come across a little snag,
The punto 75 fuel rail has a thread to which the inlet fuel pipe threads onto(the fitting is crimped on by the factory),On the cinq its just a push on pipe with a jubilee clip,Could i replace the whole rubber pipe on the cinq and fit the pipe from the 75
Cheers
Adrian

i exspect the mpi is done that way as you have i think 3.5 bar of fuel pressure which i would not like a jubille clip holding

Hi Guys
It`s a specific connector,I cant seem to find one anywhere.
This is a piccie of a punto 75 powered cinque that belons to chevaler from france.
It`s the factory fitting from a punto 75 but must connect to the cinque fuel system some how
Cheers
Adrian

Attachments

• fuel connector.jpg
    fuel connector.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 43
My sei's pipe is fitted directly to the Punto75 fuel rail and holded in place with a jubille clip for more than 9 months now. No problems till now...

AIJ29 said:
Hi Guys
It`s a specific connector,I cant seem to find one anywhere.
This is a piccie of a punto 75 powered cinque that belons to chevaler from france.
It`s the factory fitting from a punto 75 but must connect to the cinque fuel system some how
Cheers
Adrian

Couldn't get a smaller picture could you?

All these years of abuse, I can't see the connector clearly enough, sorry.

Cheers

D

rallycinq said:
Couldn't get a smaller picture could you?

All these years of abuse, I can't see the connector clearly enough, sorry.

Cheers

D

heres a couple of better pics, not bad for camera phone photos eh (y)

Attachments

• hose_off.jpg
    hose_off.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 24
  • hose_on.jpg
    hose_on.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 56
Hi
Just a quick reply to my own question,
Might be of use to the guys doing mpi conversions,
I had another look at the fitting today and realised i could probably cut off the crimped section,
I clamped the nut part in a vice and very carefully (using a junior hacksaw) cut down the crimp in a couple of places until i could peel the crimp off the fitting,You have to be very careful when cutting as you don`t want to damage the tube in the centre of the crimped section,
I now have a fuel fitting that will be easy to push into the cinque fuel pipe,

I`ve spoken to a friend of mine that rallies a 180bhp 1.8 16v k series mini,and all he uses to attach his fuel pipes is 2 jubilee clips per connector and says this has never given him any problems in 2 seasons of rallying so i`m going to try that method before splashing out on aeroquip fittings(y)
Cheers
Adrian

Back