Styling The only niggle I have with my Stilo's styling...

Currently reading:
Styling The only niggle I have with my Stilo's styling...

James M

Established member
...is the crappy, down turned, eyesore of a tailpipe[V]

Things is I thought it'd be no bother to change, but my insurance won't allow me to change, so I'm stuck with it... ...at least for this year;)

What I want to know, is how does a car this stylish get built with such a detail overlooked? And why not just keep it hiden, punto stylee[8D]

53 3d Stilo Dynamic JTD - Sprint Blue

oh james i hate that too.number and number of times i have had the idea of changing it but never knew what's the best thing to put.ive seen some exhausts from siebring and remus but its seemes too expensive

FIAT STILO 1.6 3dR Tiziano Red
Sub=Pioneer TS WX20LPA
AUTOMOBILE SK

I had a 4" exhaust pipe once... People laughed at it so I changed it to 3" [V]

Stilo'04, Loden Green, 17" alloys, 8spkr "hifi" system, debadged, tinted windows.

4" is maybe a little boyracer, I really quite fancied a Duplex system, twin exhaust, not huge though!

But like I say, insurance co won't let me mod it at all:( Which is dissapointing, I really wanted to get sideskirts, a different set of alloys for the summer and the exhaust.

Oh well if only I'd been able to wait on a factory order and get my sideskirts and alloys factory fitted...

I personally like the fact that the exhaust is discretely hidden - without the Abarth badge on the back of my car there is nothing to really draw attention to it - except the colour perhaps;)

Paul

Stilo Abarth, Broom Yellow

james a friend of mine has two pipes ... one on each side,ovals ... they are siebring ....and his yellow stilo looks terrific.the thing is if you dont want you car to sound like an taking off airplane or a hole in the exhaust ... you must get a quality one and an expensive also.

Sub=Pioneer TS WX20LPA
AUTOMOBILE SK

On that note i'm sticking an Abarth badge on my 1.2 - who's to know, only fellow Stilo owners will know the difference! I believe adding this little adendum will stop typical BMW and VW owners from tanking up behind me because they assume my car is of a lower spec than their and that i don't deserve to be able to do 70mph and (dare i say it) overtake slower drivers!

Another funny side effect is that i'll have every Nova this side of the Scotish Border racing me, and wining, until that is they meet a real Abarth and get themselves a new hole torn! :D[8D]:I[:eek:)]

2003 3 Door Stilo 1.2 Active, Sassy Grey, plastic wheel trims - and 43mpg average so far. Love it, Oh yes!

If I did replace it, I'd go for a quality Stainless job, no point putting a cheap and nasty one on a nice car!

Paul, I was following an Abart the other day and his exhaust was identical to mine:( you could see it, it is descrete, but still there and butt ugly unfortunately[xx(]

Whatever happened to the slip-on chrome tail pipes I used to sell in the market?
It would be an easy job to cut the bend off the old pipe and add one of those.

Edit Just found one, must take some measurements.
http://www.iconstyling.com/shopproduct.asp?ID=130&CATID=23&MAINCATID=1&USERID=156611629380220253819444&BRANDID=10
Les Ross
Certified by a Professional.
03 Stilo 5d JTD80 Active
PSI Powerbox and go-faster turtle.

One of the reasons for removing tha Abarth badge from my car was to stop some moron levering it off with a pen knife.

I can't see how you could eaily change the tail pipe Les unless you cut a whole in the rear bumper (least on my exhaust anyway)

Paul

Stilo Abarth, Broom Yellow

Hi,

Despite the look of the exhaust - my abarth gives of a nice deep, but subtle thrummmm and I would not like to lose that by changing things!

Mine is the 5dr so I really do need the badge!! (please keep off)

5Dr Stilo Abarth, met red,17" knife alloys, leather, ...so...so many gadgets

Just another thought - I presume PJPs is a 3 dr - as I dread to think what a 5dr broom yellow Stilo would be like.....hmmmmmmmmm

Surfer

5Dr Stilo Abarth, met red,17" knife alloys, leather, ...so...so many gadgets

Yes, its a 3 door - really must change that signature......

Paul

Stilo Abarth 3dr, Broom Yellow (Nov '03)

Oh, BTW I like the subtle sound of the exhaust too, but not as much as the sound of that gorgeous straight 5 as the revs come up - always used to love the sound of the Audi Quattros, all I'm missing is the pop from the wastegate - umhhh.... maybe...no...

Paul

Stilo Abarth 3dr, Broom Yellow (Nov '03)

Originally posted by pjp
I can't see how you could eaily change the tail pipe Les unless you cut a whole in the rear bumper (least on my exhaust anyway)

Paul
Might get away with just cutting an arc out of it.

Les Ross
Certified by a Professional.
03 Stilo 5d JTD80 Active
PSI Powerbox and go-faster turtle.

Must agree, my iccle 1.2 does have an alarmingly small tailpipe [:0]

I was at home in Wales the other day, and my dad was fitting a new oil powered boiler for the house... The exhaust on the boiler was a tad too long, so he had to saw off a length of it!

I happened across this cut-off lenth, in all its 3 inch diameter, shiny stainless steel glory, and, well, evil thoughts entered my head as I looked outside and saw my poorly-endowed Stilo looking sorry for itself [}:)];)

Bren J
London

Crystal Green 3dr Stilo 1.2 Active

One more UGLY thing at our stilo. Have you noticed the back side of the INTERNAL MIRROR? Its bad looking light grey ... my dad pointed out to me ... really crappy.

Sub=Pioneer TS WX20LPA
AUTOMOBILE SK

One of the reasons for removing tha Abarth badge from my car was to stop some moron levering it off with a pen knife.

Hmmm, my Abarth badge has gone all cloudy with condensation. How easy is it to remove? Is it just stuck on?

I'll also agree that the exhaust is rather crappy looking (even one of magazines mentioned it when they were reviewing the Abarth some time back), but I just looove the tune it plays!

Barbarian
3dr Stilo Abarth, Leather, Broom Yellow and Sky Window

all badges are stuck-on.
Use a credit card to slide underit and pull it gently off.
The glue gemains you can easely roll off with your fingers. :D

1.9 JTD Christal green 115 HP dynamic +
Merkur + Birba + Connect Nav+ + Sidescirts

Back