Technical 2001 Bravo remote central locking

Currently reading:
Technical 2001 Bravo remote central locking

LeeP

Hi
I have a 2001 1.2 80SX Bravo and I only have the red master key. I've read various posts on here regarding the easiest way to get some new blue keys but i want to know whether my car would originally have had remote central locking? It does have central locking but there is no remote button on the master key, does this mean it never had remote locking or is it just the blue slave keys that have remote locking buttons and the master key does not??
Also, I have heard conflicting views on new blue keys - some say the blue keys must be coded with different codes and then recoded to my car by the "put the key in and wait, then put the next key in etc" method and some say I can simply get 2 new "blue" keys cut and left uncoded and the ecu will sort them when I do the method as above. any ideas??:cool:

the 1.2 never had remote central locking, only models with an alarm had the remote feature, check near the sunroof switch there should be 2 ultrasonic sensors, only if you have them there then you should have remote locking.

the ecu learns blue key codes, it cannot code blue keys. how would the car code them exactly? it only has a reader for keys, not a writer. coding an uncoded blue key using the car's ignition is not possible. the reader will not recognise any code meaning the ecu will not know there is a coded key in the igniton so it wont work.

in the past i have copied codes from cinq keys and used them on new keys for a bravo. timpsons copied the key codes over for me at no extra cost when i had the keys cut there.

my advice would be dont buy the new blank keys from ebay.
i've done that and im no better off.
As jug says .. you have to have chips with codes on already.
See if a local scrappie has some bravo blue keys then "teach" your car their codes.
Laurie

Back