General You bought a what?

Currently reading:
General You bought a what?

just bought a Stilo after five years of saving for one!
it's my first car!

it is a 1.6 16V Active 3Dr 2002(52)
it's silver/bluey green, any advice on a respray?

87_1copy.jpg

6c_1copy.jpg

hello other forumers! i'm pleased to be a part of a forum with such a good range of smileys!
:wave:

unfortunately, the car only has a tape player, is this easy to change to a cd player?

Hi :wave: Dads 5 door hatch was crystal green too... nice enough colour :confused: Know what you mean by 'you bought a what?' took mine for bodywork repair estimate and got the 'errr... what is it?'

Welcome, dont bother with the respray. Crystal Green, best colour there is (y) (ignore rrope and bozzys attempts to convert you :p )

It's easy enough to change the stero, get the fasia and stick a head unit in - hey if i can do it anyone can!!

Best thing for the stereo would be to fit the multi changer in the upper glove box. Very simple to do, and simply plugs into the back of the tape player. Best of both worlds. look on Ebay, they regularly appear for around £100.

Wow! Thanks for all the comments!(y)

will get me a kerrang radio sticker (somehow) :slayer: that sounds rad!:)

i like the crystal green colour, but there are a few scrapes on it, and i would love a black car, or even yellow, or even white, which looks awesome!:D (it's the ipod thing)

i showed these pics to all my boy racer mates and they were like, what is it? haha! debadging it would be so much fun!:devil:

thanks for the info about the radio, will keep an eye out on ebay;)

Crystal green was always my second choice for the 3dr, and first for the 5dr, so I forced my mum to get it in the 5dr before I got mine :D. She doesn't regret it . . . (well I tell her not to :D)

:D At last, another Stilo owner on the forum from my neck of the woods, well Long Preston......but it says 'Near Skipton' on my address!
Will have to look out for you.....

5 door Jtd, Jet Blue, Abarth alloys and tailgate spoiler...........so not totally boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

long preston! will probably be driving through there at some stage too!(y)
going for a nice scenic drive!:slayer:
thanks for that badge advice too, must agree, the new badge looks far better, and i'm sure there's a thread on here as to how it's done!

Yeah it's an easy job, PM me if you get stuck with anything, but it really is very simple; there are some threads in the styling section I believe.

Any more mods in the pipeline? Get those handles painted!!! :p

Last edited:
Back