Technical Help - Replacing Window Seal

Currently reading:
Technical Help - Replacing Window Seal

Right, I'm half way through this job, but can't work out how to do it. I've removed the wing mirror, removed the arm rest, freed the fabric, and freed the white paper stuff. How do I remove the fabric completely? It's stuck at the top.

I can't remove the door handle completly either the rod is in there, but I can't take the rod off. It looks like the things should just squeeze together and push through, but they won't go through, and the plastic bits are getting very damaged now.

Workshop manuals aren't much good really because nothing shows how to do this on a Sei.

Do I also need to replace the inner door seal thing as well, or can the outer be replaced on its own?

I have a Seicento SX (1999) btw. Hopefully I will be able to fix this today.

I've got the replacement part now, and have been trying to figure out how it goes in. I've come to the conclusion that it must go in from the outside because the exterior trim is longer than the window. I still can't work out how the old one comes out though, or how why it needs replacing and cannot be removed in one piece.

The plastic is a funny 'S' shaped kinda thing with a curly bit at the end. I still can't remove the interior trim ('door card'?) either, and I'm worried about breaking the inner plastic/seal thing.

The doorcard definately has to come off thats all i can tell you

i had this done when mine came off, by a mechanic and said it was an absolute fiddly job to do

Back