Technical Airbag Warning Light - Help and advice needed

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag Warning Light - Help and advice needed

I installed an alarm over the weekend in my Seicento '02 and it all went great apart from now my airbag warning light is on :(

I think i know what caused it now, I removed the carpet and slackened off the nuts on the plastic casing that covers the, what i now know is, the airbag electronic device in front of the gear box. When i put the carpet back i gave this casing a few good whacks to get it flush, but this must have done something to the device, as now the light is on.

Any ideas on what I can do other than take it to a dealer? It didn't deploy and has been in a crash or anything, just me and my heavy hand ;) I would have been a bit more carefull if i knew it was under there!

Thanks for any advice or tips :)

Kristian

I thought as much, I read all the sei related messages in the forum before i posted, but i had a look at the other sub forums and came to that conclusion as well, lets hope it doesn't cost too much.

On another note, i wonder what they use to check it as its notconnected in any way to the ecu so the normal diag software would be of no use? I wonder if there is anywhere cheaper i can get it reset?

Kristian

T14086 said:
What do you mean 'not connected to ecu'?

Do you have mechanical type airbag?

No, it is electronic, but on the Sei it's not connected to the ECU in any way, its completly independant from it as far as i can tell from the schematics, it even has its own seperate diagnostic port.

Rang my local fiat dealer and its £35 which seems ok i guess, better than i was expecting anyway. Is autospark a company :S ? I will still have a ring about see if i can get it cheaper :D

Cheers for your help :)

Kristian

Alot of auto electricians might or might not have the relevent software as mentioned you will need to shop about.
£35 from dealer is good price,whos that from?

No need for airbag ecu to be connected to engine ecu except on a few later Fiats with CAN communication.

the £35 is from fiat research in nuneaton. I tried a few other places on the way home but they all said it was dealer only. Still 35 isn't too bad, so i'm not complaining :)

Having problems setting up the alarm now though, not sure i got the ignition wire connected up right...fun fun fun :D

Kristian

Well, its been in and back out, all is sorted, it just flagged an error code that had to be cleared, shame its not user resetable, but i understand why its not.

£34.99 in total from the FIAT dealer :)

The alarm is going great as well, shame I had to return my dads Punto HGT though, I only got to borrow it for a night and day :( Still he gets a Punto Grande 1.9 TD in a week or so, so that should be a laugh :)

Thanks,

Kristian

My Airbag light has come on since I blew a fuse while checking the output on the connection plug for my revcounter? Blacked out the lights behind my heater switch & knocked out the light on the revcounter completely!!!
(I'm fitting gauges & I'm taking power from the Revcounter)

Weird thing is that it is a different fuse to the Airbag fuse that blew?

Anyone know if this is still a "take to dealer" thing that only heading to Research (same Nuneaton one as Kritip) for a reset will fix?

Got my trip to Nuneaton RESEARCH booked for June 4th, I just figured I'd point out Coventry's FIAT dealer (I think they are Research too) on London Road tried to charge me £65+VAT.

Keep your fingers crossed everyone 'cos I really hope that a simple reset works, as for the Gauges they are running fine & I'll add a pic soon - is interesting to see how when I'm going quickly it helps the airflow hold down the temp' to 80c & then when I slow down afterwards raises to about 85c for a while. Coming to a halt in traffic afterwards it hits 90c.

Back