Track Car

Currently reading:
Track Car

James M

Established member
After a little advice here...

Myself and a few uni mates have been chatting, half joking, half serious, about starting a track car syndicate between us.

We'd be looking at the cheaper end of the scale really, starting out with a fast banger, 325i, Audi Quattro, capri etc. And we seemed to think £500 each, from 4 or 5 would give us a 'starter budget' to buy a car and get it ready.

We're all engineering students, so (should!) have a little knowledge between us.

Basically I'm after any advice from anyone who has any track, or amature motorsport experience[?]

Cheers:D

53 3d Stilo Dynamic JTD - Sprint Blue

I've been to some lower end race meetings, at castle coombe and such like, the Vauxhall astra runs well, as does the sporty rover i can't remember which one it is (which doesn't help) but its an older one.
But any car can be quick just depends on funding.
sorry that wasn't really any help at all but i think its a good idea! bit more constructive than sitting in watching TV!! GO FOR IT!

GoGoCinquecento!

Cheers Alex, thats generally my opinion, though if this does happen, it is more of a long term plan for the summer(after exams:D)

At the moment, we all seem to like the idea of an old Audi Quattro (4wd), the later shape (89 on I think?) seem to be ten a penny at the mo, while the earlier models (the better one?) have solid, classic car values and are a little out of price range:(

Anyone with any experience/advice[?]

53 3d Stilo Dynamic JTD - Sprint Blue

Back