help me identify this model of 156

Currently reading:
help me identify this model of 156

hello everyone, i need a little help identifying the exact model of 156 i am looking at buying.

its a 1997 one and is completley standard, it came from the factory with a wide arch kit, front and rear splitters which match the wide arch kit and a rear spoiler unlike the really tall one everyone else has.

its a 2.5 V6 model but which one?

Thanks!
Ryan Edge

mmmmm, not sure as to what its actually called, but I've seen quite a few tidylooking 156's with said subtle bodykit on them.
is it not something to do with the speedgear/telespeed gearbox that also affects bodystyling? just I've seen at least 3different 156's with the telespeed gearbox and having 17" white alloys (one has graphite alloys) subtle side skirts, but very low front splitter with support, arch kits, small spoiler, low rear splitter

other than that there is autodelta, the alfa equivilent of abarth

hes stupid :p your sooooo lucky the insurance agreed to give you that quote for the marea.. they will rape you of every penny you have if you get the 156.

why bother? youve made such a fuss about getting the marea insured and running and now you wanna ditch it before youve even driven it :rolleyes: Sounds like me, but atleast I drive my cars before wanting to sell em :p

Last edited:
H2DaE said:
Thought you were having problems insuring the Marea? How the hell are you going to insure a 2.5 V6 Alfa?
My thoughts entirely!

I was getting quotes of about £1300 on a 1.9 jtd 156 (and ive been driving nearly 6 years!)

The 2.5 V6 156 an insurance group 16! Are you made of money, Ryan? :confused: These are the types of cars normal people buy when theyre over 25!

alfas tend to be much higher insurance groups than their fiat equivilents.

e.g fiat bravo 1.6 16v = group 6-8
alfa 145 1.6 16v TS = group 14:eek:

the diesels are worse!
fiat stilo 1.9mjtd 115bhp = group 5-6
alfa 147 1.9 jtdm 120bhp = group 16:eek: :cry:

Bulldog man, slow down a bit, is this a bit of a teddy out of pram purchase, cos your struggling to sort Tax for the Marea?

Think about it, by the time you get everything sorted for the 156, and for what it'll cost you in time and effort etc, you could pay for a taxi to work and home again, then a taxi to get the Marea after you've sorted tax, which will be in the morning right?

Chill dude! I know it's frustraiting not being able to use the Marea but you're chasing your tail and getting no-where fast in buying another car!

Hope this all works out for you! :slayer:

800 quid a year on my 2.5 V6 if i was to insure it for a year :D

ryan i have more chance of selling the idea of solar pannelled street lighting to companies than you have of buying, insuring and running that.

If you are serious they arent cheap to run.

50 quid for just under 300 miles = 25mpg approx, and the tank wasnt full either :eek:

i probably wouldnt drive it much pmsl, its just a lovley lovley car, and as for insurance its £1700 when i looked on a standard one, this is why i'm trying to find out the exact model so i can get a quote.

and anyway he doesnt want to sell just yet so i'm sure we could come to nice arrange ment at a good time for bother of us, only 10 months left on this policy before i will be on 2yr NCB (y) (touch wood)

No NCB + 2.5 V6 156 (Ins 16) = £1700

Something doesnt seem right :confused:

It was over a grand to insure a 1.0l uno when i had no NCB!

Back