computer case, will it fit- pics included

Currently reading:
computer case, will it fit- pics included

i asked my person i work for and he said that dell's are a bit wierd in how there built and probably wouldnt be able to fit a new case, but he said that they might of changed it cos its a recently built computer, so would i be able to buy a pc case and fit it? iv included pics so hopefully some nice person who knows about computers can tell if the motherboard and everything else would fit :)

cheers people, (y)

Attachments

• Image523.jpg
    Image523.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Image524.jpg
    Image524.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Image525.jpg
    Image525.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Image526.jpg
    Image526.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Image527.jpg
    Image527.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 29
Not really sure, I have tried with older Dell PC's and failed. Most of the problems I have encountered are that there's a small circuit board mounted behind the power switch that seems to be needed :( Can't tell from the photos if yours has anything overly proprietary to that particular case. Did have a couple of Dell PC's in the office here with the same case, but they have been taken to remote sites for the users already so can't look.

A quick glance says that it's probably a standard mBTX form-factor mobo, however Dell being Dell you may find weird non-standerd headers & proprietary designed solutions for various things. It's not insurmoutable if you're a mildly experienced case modder, thus unlikely to ask this question, I'd recommend you get a new PC built around your desired chassis.

well dell are known for ****ing things round so lets start here.......

whats the connection from the fan?

if its the standard one then yes you can change the fan but you need to find one to fit, you usually get 5, 7 10 and 14 cm fans i think, hmm try ebuyer and such for the fans and make sure its the right size and connection, im gona be nice nad help as best i can so just ask!

J

StoneNewt said:
A quick glance says that it's probably a standard mBTX form-factor mobo, however Dell being Dell you may find weird non-standerd headers & proprietary designed solutions for various things. It's not insurmoutable if you're a mildly experienced case modder, thus unlikely to ask this question, I'd recommend you get a new PC built around your desired chassis.

Whoa slow down... :D My keyboard player would understand that but I'm too busy interfacing with my spectrum and running out of flux capacitors that I've ended up with invalid memory while processing that information

cue NT 'blue screen of death'

well i couldnt get to it proper cos i found 4 flat head screw drivers and none cross head :bang:

but i did get quite a clear view, i was expecting it to say the size on it lol, i cant see connector because i couldnt get the case bit off, but this is what it said on the fan, maybe you lot can work it out lol :p if not il measure it when i find a cross head screw driver.

Attachments

• Image529.jpg
    Image529.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 13
Oh dear.

Why on earth have you bought a Dell? They're the most impractical, unrepairable, un-upgradable 'PC' ever..

They're not even a real PC as they're not compatible with most hardware due to space and wierd case design.

The only place for a DELL is in the office where due to numbers you need them quiet. Other than that get a propper computer.

CinquePunto said:
Whoa slow down... :D My keyboard player would understand that but I'm too busy interfacing with my spectrum and running out of flux capacitors that I've ended up with invalid memory while processing that information

cue NT 'blue screen of death'
Okay, Okay :rolleyes:... what I said in different terms is that even if it does physically mount in a PC chassis, you may find that there are various bits that connect in ways which are specific to dell hardware only :(

And you now know what I should be doing for a job (sometimes the IT industry sucks :bang:)

Dell's are built to a particular spec and requirement and are designed around their individual cases. They are not designed to be taken apart and rebuilt into another 3rd party case. Plus mentioned before warranty will be immediately void.

If you really wanted a system in a particular case you should of built it yourself from scratch.

Back