My day.... (56k warning)

Currently reading:
My day.... (56k warning)

AppleSei

RIP L181 VBB
...was spent with the car i wanted to hate so much, but didnt....My czechwrecks mondeo estate

I promised you some pics and here she is, in all her shed glory :) (the blue one not the silver sei :D )

Picture075.jpg

Picture078.jpg

In the second one especially you can see the crumpled front wing. Basically one of the 12 previous owners fitted alloys to her, but put the original steel wheel bolts back on :rolleyes: you can guess what happened!

Originally planned to be a racer (PSML) you can see how lacking in interior it is at the moment

Picture079.jpg

The seats we have got from a scrappies and our donar car, originally came with 1 ford orion seat, held in by one bolt :eek:

It does have a bit of a stainless jap can exhaust job done by one previous owner which makes me chuckle considering the car this exhaust is on

Picture076.jpg

Picture077.jpg

It does have its secret weapon though.....

Picture081.jpg

:yum: :yum: :yum: Holy crap does it shift!!! The kickdown is amazing! It will flame most of the fiat range going currently, Even ST24 and ST220 struggled to keep up. It suprised a lot of people!

Just a pic to show how clean the engine is for such a ****e car!

Picture080.jpg

So now you have an estate which is in crap condition on the outside, which is fully taxed,MOT'ed and insured on. What do you do? Well you take it to MondeoMania 2006 and enter it in a concours of course!!! :D

Picture085.jpg

Picture086.jpg

Picture088.jpg

Unbeliveably here she blows on the mondeo enthusiats stand!! It actually was accepted on!

Picture082.jpg

Picture083.jpg

The bucket on the front was our donation bucket, and people who donated, we let them sign the bonnet!

Picture084.jpg

I did my own bit of signage as well to it

Picture087.jpg

All in all we raised from that event, 16 quid for charity on the day, that doesnt sound a lot, but when its all in loose change it doesnt sound so bad. :)

We were also donated a brand new water pump, a complete service kit for it (all the filters etc) and a set of 15'' steel wheels for it. All free.

The attention it got was amazing, it got loads of photos taken, and passers by said we had ****** to turn up in it, the state it was in!

All in all i had a great time, that car goes like stink for a piece of ****! and for 100 quid purchase price, im not complaining. It completed 400+ miles today without a peep and will happily cruise at 75-80mph, but the 25mpg was the best we could get. and if any chavs come along, that right foot just touches the accelerator, they are in for a suprise! The mileage has just turned over to 152,000 today for anyone interested in that fact :)

Theres still work needs doing however, so she isnt up to scratch yet, but on todays drive, both hills and motorways, the signs are encouraging :D

On a side note, mainly for all dodgy handbrake owners (namely the cento lot) dont leave it on a hill and in neutral or this might happen :bang:

Picture089.jpg

Picture090.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Picture094.jpg

:eek: :eek:

Like you I spent the day checking out the competition, in my case it was the Vectra Sport day out in Lyme Park, near Stockport.

Your car looks fab for the price! Shame about the bump but none of those involved look anything special :eek:

Helz said:
Like you I spent the day checking out the competition, in my case it was the Vectra Sport day out in Lyme Park, near Stockport.

Your car looks fab for the price! Shame about the bump but none of those involved look anything special :eek:

That's near Disley isn't it? My Grandparents used to live in Disley and volunteer at Lyme Hall (y) That's where they filmed "Pride And Prejudice" aswell :D

Helz said:
Shame about the bump but none of those involved look anything special :eek:

....apart from the nearly new silver Mondeo, that may have sill damage (and will deffo need a whole new door) :chin:

Last edited:
To answer questions

fiatpuntosx - the chavalier was at fault, the handbrake failed and it rolled down the hill, hit the red mondeo, which turned on an angle and hit the silver one.

There were 100+ witnesses as the cav owner tried to claim that it was private land he couldnt be blamed :spin: One of the mondeo owners was built like a brick ****house so he quickly relented and went on his way :D good job there wasnt any kids running round at that point :eek:

Ryan - By the time you get that marea running i will be old and decrepid, but if its a race you want, i promise ill wait for you ;)

CW-doubt both will be off the road permanantly only rear damge to two and a new door for the silver one

Serin - yes you are right, the silver one is almost new, the owner had only had it a month and it was his first meet, wonder if he will go back :chin:

punto5dr said:
I was there today with the mrs in the ghia x mondy. Didn't stay long and buggered off before seeing that crash.

did you see our shed?

What time was it there as i didn't see it? We got there about 11am and left at 12.30. We were in a burgundy red hatch on the other side parked next to another shed that was green in colour. (mondeosport to be precise).

What actually happened in that accident?

all day from 9am - 3pm

Think i saw that car, did it have 2 exhausts?

We was with fordmondeo.org. we was in a corner to start with, then i moved it to the front to get more attention for us :D

basically what i posted above is what basically happened regarding the accident (y) :)

AppleSei said:
all day from 9am - 3pm

Think i saw that car, did it have 2 exhausts?

We was with fordmondeo.org. we was in a corner to start with, then i moved it to the front to get more attention for us :D

basically what i posted above is what basically happened regarding the accident (y) :)

That was one area i didn't think to look :cry: Yes the red one with 2 exhausts. Same V6 engine as in yours but on a manual box.

iirc there were wooden stakes in the ground so i gather the cav either went straight over them or was in the show area?

Last edited:
bulldog5046 said:
then you need to read up more my friend as its done ;) sorting the insurance out tomorrow :p

tis true, i am no longer an unemployed bum so i am not on much now :(

punto5dr said:
iirc there were wooden stakes in the ground so i gather the cav either went straight over them or was in the show area?

from the wheel marks in the ground it seemed not to hit stakes in ground, nor be anty close by, i didnt see the impact so cant say tbh

Back