Technical Alloy Wheel Spaces, are they really needed???

Currently reading:
Technical Alloy Wheel Spaces, are they really needed???

cagerrey

cagerrey
Alloy Wheel Spacers, are they really needed???

Hi guys,:D

Well, have spacers on my 4 wheels, but was reading recently that some have removed the spaces on the rear wheels, so that there would be no rubbing on the wheel arches when they are caring something heavy in the back??:confused:

Shall I remove my Rear Spacers, shall I remove my front Spacers??? What are spacers really used for???:confused:

Regards

Tony:cool:

Last edited:
Spacers do two things (and need not be alloy).

Firstly, they are used to make wheels fit without rubbing where they would otherwise rub.

Secondly, they're used to increase the track.

Whether your wheels will fit without rubbing we can't really tell without an et number, but you can experiment. There's generally an improvement in turn in to be gained by running wider track at the front than at the rear.

fingers99 said:
Spacers do two things (and need not be alloy).

Firstly, they are used to make wheels fit without rubbing where they would otherwise rub.

Secondly, they're used to increase the track.

Whether your wheels will fit without rubbing we can't really tell without an et number, but you can experiment. There's generally an improvement in turn in to be gained by running wider track at the front than at the rear.

Thanks Mate, will experiment on weekend, there is only rubbing when over load in rear.

Back