General locking wheel nuts

Currently reading:
General locking wheel nuts

boro_tom

i need a bit of help guys, ive had my car for about 11 months and when i had to have a new clutch put in the guys at the garage said theyd check my break pads, so they managed to put new ones on the front wheels but couldnt get the back wheels off cos i didnt have my locking wheel nuts for them :confused: now i dont know an awful lot about cars so at the time i didnt really ask and i just left it but its dawned on me that my M.O.T is due and if they cant ge the back wheels off then it'll fail, i have alloy wheels but they were already on the car when i bought it and im at a loss, is there anything i could buy to get these damn wheels off?

wheels dont come off for the MOT.
however may need to if any work needs done for the pass.

i assume oyu have no key yor the nuts,in which case i suggest you get a socket slightly smaller than the nut size and hammer it onto the locking nut.
then try and remove it with a rachet/breaker bar

to be honest i dont know what ive got, theres a black box in my boot with a silver bar and two sockets? :confused: and theres space for two more but theyre not there, im well consufsed cos how did they get the front wheles off?

im ashamed i know so little about cars, barely know how to drive the thing haha

all a locking nut is,is a nut with a funny shapped head and you need a specially shaped adapter to remove the nut.
you would usually have a socket that fits that one bolt.
fronts probably dont have alocking nuts or they could have damaged they key and lied to you and replaced the front 2 with normal nuts :eek:
have a look at oyur wheel nuts and one will look different

Back