Technical HELP QUICK, Clutch Cable

Currently reading:
Technical HELP QUICK, Clutch Cable

HI all, about 5 min ago my clutch cable went (Again) Can any bright spark tell me how to change it help. or at least tell me how to get the broken one off. need this ASAP plz

Thanks

Paul

PS Ive got a Sei Sporting MS

30 secs of searching similer threads

Clutch cable

removal/refitting

NOte: ON the right hand drive models the clutch pedel is transferred across the inside of the engine bulkhead behind the facia via a system of push rods and pivots to the left hand side of the veichile. The clutch cable then transfers the effort from this point to the release mechanism. On the left handle models theclutch pedal is connected directly to the cable.

Removal

Remove the air cleaner first and its associated trunking. At the transmisson end of the clutch cable unscrew the lock nutt and adjuster nut from the end of the fitting Then release the inner and outer cables from the bracket on the transmission housing. Note the position of the damper block.

Working inside the veichile, under neath the right hand side of the facia, unhook the inner cable from the top of the clutch push rod pivot.

Returning to the engine compartment unscrew the nuts securing the outer cable flange to the bulkhead, then withdraw the cable assembly from the compartment.

Refitting

Apply a smear of multi purpose grease to the cable end fittings, then pass the cable through the bulkhead. Refit and tighten the cable flange securing nuts.

Inside the veichile hook the inner cable on to the push rod pivot.

In the engine compartment, attach the outer cable to the transmission housing and refit the damper block and nuts to the inner cable end. ADjust the clutch cable and refit the air cleaner

Taken from the haynes manual for the cinquecento i hope it can be of some assistance.

custard boy said:
thought they did a pink fluffy version for girly sei drivers?
:p

nope we sei drivers might break a nail so they decide not to bother :p

Back