Technical cured my 3k flat spot!!

Currently reading:
Technical cured my 3k flat spot!!

fimmo

:Di know most cinqs have this annoying flat spot at 3000 revs! finally i've cured mine! i fitted a k+n 57i kit to it to try and sort this it helped but it was still there! then i discovered the breather pipe from the cam head to filter was getting a bit of condesation in it and blowing back into my k+n and injector! so i removed this pipe filled the hole in the filter and fitted the original breather pipe then cut the pipe about 2.5 inches from the cam head and fitted a breather sock to it! no more flatspot? by the way the k+n breather pipe is hollow but the fiat one has some metal gauze to stop oil blowing thru the pipe!,only prob is now i have a faint smell coming thru my vents when the fan is on! but i'll extend the breather pipe so it breathes out the bottom of the engine bay as opposed to breathing into it!:D

WHEN THIS BABY HIT'S 88...YOUR GONNA SEE SOME SERIOUS s**t!

hpoefully brickfoot will be in touch with me soon,i took photos tonight after i had replaced my home made sock with some 10mm vinyl tube that goes from the cam cover breather to the ground! just look for the clear coloured tube!;)

hopefully this works? here is some pics courtesy of brickfoot!cheers once again!:D

filter1.jpg

filter3.jpg

Edited by brickfoot: Sorted pics;)

cheers brickfoot for hosting those pics! the car still has no flat spot and seems to be working that little bit better now!!! althought i have noticed that there is now a little type of mayo type grease?oil in the clear tube??? i've checked everything? but everything is ok,might be because the air coming out of the engine is hot and the pipe is cold, so it's turning into condensation??? anyway,i'm not bothered with that coz now i dont have a flat spot and my car pulls all the way thru the rev range!:D

Back