Technical 1.3 multijet fuel filter

Currently reading:
Technical 1.3 multijet fuel filter

sconebum

Hi, I'm new to the Forum. Quite annoyed at servicing costs for our vehicles from main dealers. Recently paid lots for a 24000 mile service and I doubt if the oil was even changed. So I'm now doing it myself and stuff the warranty. Found the van quite easy to work on although I left the fuel filter be. Has anyone attempted this item? What did you use to open the filter? It looks a little on the flimsy side. Are the arrows for indicating the opening direction?
Also, I presume the service intervals are 12000 miles officially, though at 3litres sump capacity and the way these engines rev, I'm opting for an oil change every 6000. 25 litres of high quality turbo diesel oil at Costco is £21, so no problems there. Great vehicles they are, mine is just over a year old and has just done 35000miles.

Finally: Parts or lack of them. Expensive or what? Paid over £21 for the fuel filter. Does anyone know where we can buy genuine parts at affordable prices?

Even more finally: Impossible to find a copy of Workshop Manual CD covering the Doblo 1.3 Multijet. Any of you good people out there do me a copy if you have 1?

Cheers,
Sconebum:cool:

sconebum said:
Even more finally: Impossible to find a copy of Workshop Manual CD covering the Doblo 1.3 Multijet. Any of you good people out there do me a copy if you have 1?

Cheers,
Sconebum:cool:

Ebay should have some workshop CD's but they are normally copied CD's

ebay may also have the fuel filters and other parts

Hello

I've a 1.3 multijet and haven't yet found a workshop manual, I emailed a manual dealer on eBay who stated he was waiting for and upto date workshop cd ... the ones on ebay currently only cover the 1.2,1.6,1.9....

Would just like to say welcome to the Fiat Forum, and thanks for joining us! It's great to see there are more people with Doblo's out there, and I've just bought the first one myself. We hope you will find the forum useful :)

Hi to all again, thanks for your good wishes Ozzie. Yes great vehicle if slightly underpowered, but once up and running it goes like the clappers and there ain't no problem revving these engines hard as they are designed for it. MPG is super as well, when you consider we are driving a mobile breeze block! had four big blokes plus luggage in mine going to work last night and one suggested that they could have a game of badminton in the back to amuse themselves en-route! Suppose thats a compliment?

Anyway, can't believe the lack of spares issue and I won't be ripped off by Fiat again. I'm therefore investigating importing a line of spares for the doblo range that will do any interested DIY mechanic's needs. Workshop Manual is a must also, so lets try and get that one sorted soon. £20 odd quid + vat for a fuel filter is daylight robbery is it no!

If I could supply the filters for aroung £5-£8 would there be any takers? Is it worth my while? Are there any DiY mechanics out there that would purchase by mail order?

Cheers,
Sconebum

Any luck with those reasonably priced fuel filters ? They tried to rob me today by asking £29 plus vat. I kindly told the guy what he could do with it.
There is absolutely no justification for charging that much for a paper filter.
Its just ripping off customers.

Well I found a place that sells fuel filters at a more reasonable price. Its £12.93 plus vat, still a bit steep but half the price fiat are charging.
I know we are supposed to use proper fiat parts because of the warranty, but in the real world, all the filters are no doubt made in the same factory.
I also found out that the filters are long life and need changing after 60000 to 80000 miles

FMP at Swansea

Last edited:
Mark, I just did the fuel filter on a 1.3 Multijet on our Punto. The dealer item is top quality Fleece. Look at one, then pop into Halfords and look at their version. Its no contest.:eek:

I got my Fiat one discounted to £24, all in.

Last edited:
If I could supply the filters for aroung £5-£8 would there be any takers? Is it worth my while? Are there any DiY mechanics out there that would purchase by mail order?

Cheers,
Sconebum

I could live with that (y) - but for now as the van is under warranty I would need to have the genuine article to avoid the problems should the warranty be required.:eek:

Has anyone actually asked Fiat what filters, other than their own, they acknowledge as being of acceptable quality and will not be used as an excuse to get out of warranty claims?

just done my 1.9 jtd fuel filter along with a full service im always a fan of unipart for cheap good quality parts i think the fuel filter was 8 quid plus vat if i remember right?!,

Back