Styling internal lighting

Currently reading:
Styling internal lighting

raptor

Riding 7cm of the deck
was a little bored today so decided to have a tinker, i've decided to wire my footwell LED neons into the interior light circuit, that way when i open my doors my footwells light up, however i can still turn them manully using the courtesy switch :) am as chuffed as punch with my simple but good looking mod! :) its dead easy to do so if anyone wants any advice just ask!

That’s cool!! I did mine similar, but I wired them to the number plate light fuse, so when that light comes on the neon’s come on.....its pretty cool, as I don't use em much in the day so they come on at night when the lights come on!!:) :) :) By the way how easy is it to change the inside courtesy light from a normal white light to a blue neon?

Duxy

dead smiple duxy, just get an LED replacement mines from varad and looks awesome, don't buy the coloured bulbs they look rubbish and weak and wear out. you can get the led ones from the 'kroozin' motorworld (?!?) stores 2 for a tenner and they are just as good

Hey, im planning to put lights in my footwells and was stressing about where to wire them to as my punto is mk4 and couldnt find grommit into engine bay. Never thought to wire them into number plate light. How easy was it to do?
Flick

if you have a haynes manual just goto the relevant section for the lighting circuits and find the appropiate wires to wire into, i'll mean cutting, soldering and heatshrinking - don't know how this will affect warranty and things foryou though

Its simple..........all you do is find the fuse for the number plate light (the one in mine was a 7.5 fuse). There will be two wires from the neon, (one is normally 2 colours, e.g red & black, and ones normally just one colour, e.g red) wrap the one with 2 colour around one leg's of the fuse, and plug it back in. Then put the other wire to an earth source (I put mine on the igintion coil), and your laughing!!!! Any problems let me know, and I ll post some pictures up!!

Duxy

duxy, have you made sure there is still the glass fuse 1or 2 amp still inline with the neon, its likely that the 7.5A fuse won't blow if there is a problem with the neons - the fuse is there to protect the wire not the appliance rememeber!

use V=IR and P=VI to make sure that you don't exceed the fuses rating - CC neons draw more current than the LED's so keep check of that too.

Back