Driving a modified car sucks from time to time - A night to remember

Currently reading:
Driving a modified car sucks from time to time - A night to remember

Well my first unfortunate event of driving a modified car tonight, courtesy of 3 (yes three) chavs in 3 corsas.

Story is, I'm setting off from our local megabowl, it can be a bit of a prowling ground for 'that type' I'm walking out and some chavs starts shouting (with his 12 year old posse) 'Ten inch rims' with some untranslatable grunt afterwards. I ignore him (they are 13"s actually A-hole) so I set off and I notice that not only the butt dweller, but 2 of his DSS buddies are also behind me, all making use of their horns and rabid hand gestures.

I just ignore them, inches from my rear bumper as they were. I come to a large roundabout with the intention of going straight. Now either they were just driving up my inside like see-you-next-tuesdays or they pulled off a manoever Michael Shcumacher would have been proud off, I was effectively herded to turn right, with one behind me and two on the left of me, pulling accross. So I floor it (engine was previously warm) I shoot off faster that all three of them, but its only a 30 zone and while I wasnt doing that, I'm not a fool, so they caught up doing silly speeds.

This continues at EVERY light, roundabout, crossing, whatever. I think I really hammered home my car was faster:slayer: , and it didnt work. Plan B - Drive slowly. That didnt work either as they took it in turns to race up behind me and stop inches from my bumper, and also to cut me up.

To cut a long story short, I nipped down a side street without indicating and managed to loose them all. I'm annoyed at the whole thing, but I nearly gave someone else a lift, and it wouldnt have been remotely fair to them.

Other than that this is a general rant about why everyone should carry a gun.

Randomman said:
Other than that this is a general rant about why everyone should carry a gun.

Hmm...I agree with Transcendal, Firearms are a bad idea.

Just as much damage can be inflicted using a Tyre Iron. Theres one of them fitted as standard :). Carrying a big mister bar will only help more :)

Lol, Im not serious about the guns, I just needed to feel as though the post wasnt just a moan about my night. But now that I think about it, I think it is just a moan about my (chav infested) night

thats why man invented the base ball bat, you can get away saying it was in your car because you were playing with mates, or a dog, and you happened to be putting it in the boot when 3 boys appeared behind you. :D they wouldnt be at it again for some time i'd say

The one thing that worries me about your encounter is that they may Now be on the look out for you :eek: I think If I were you I would go to the police and make a statment about the night just in case it happenes again :)

PNL said:
The one thing that worries me about your encounter is that they may Now be on the look out for you :eek: I think If I were you I would go to the police and make a statment about the night just in case it happenes again :)

That seems sensible but obviously don't say you were doing over 30 or they'll nick you for speeding :bang:

i take none of your mates where following you just the three chavs. i wouldn't carry anything else expect the tyre iron (which fits perectly down the side of the seat by the handbrake) cauz if the police pull you ova and see anything else i.e. baseball bat, torque wrench, they can do you for a weapon in the car but if it is te tyre iron you can say one of your mates had a puncher.

Hellcat said:
I once had some crazy woman in a Micra follow me home and start hitting me because I didn't let her overtake around a blind bend in a 30 zone while I was doing 30. I have to hold in the temptation to key her car every time I see it.

KEY IT!!! :D

I carry a baseball bat (never used) a steering lock (never used apart from on steering wheel) and a pen knife (used to open some cans of pop) I think i ahve too many weapons :eek:

sorry to hear you had a run in with some right little gett's.

This is part of the reason I own 2metric tonnes of brick, with a dirty great big tow bar too, if someone like that acts like a right cnt, I will simply jab on my brakes and probably won't even feel their car get empailed on my toebar, I will then continue to drive until they die of old age or something as they are well and truly hooked up on my bumper:rolleyes: probably wouldn't even damage it.

You did about as well as you could have without been in trouble yourself, beau driving very quickly in built up areas is a no no, even if it is like 4 in the mornign I still wouldn't do more than about 37mph as the tarmac isn't of very good grade, there are way more hazards about, and there are lots and lots of sign post and lampposts to hit:eek: If you were out on some Cat B road then I would have given em hell, then knocked my lights off trundled up some track, then when they pass, follow them up and ACTUALLY knock them off the road.

Nasty to say, but its really for the greater good, as when they get like that they really don't have any perception of what they are doing and are very likely to kill some innocent:mad:

Back