Technical Meta remote locking relay won't fit in Sei fusebox

Currently reading:
Technical Meta remote locking relay won't fit in Sei fusebox

getcarter

Right then - I've bought my nice yellow Meta remote locking kit, gone to install it. Whipped off the fuse cover and took out the large blue relay, replacing it with the new yellow one.

But hang on a minute - it doesn't fit in there. There's two too many pins on the yellow relay to make it fit. So it won't go.

I know that this kit doesn't fit on the Cinq, and mine is an early model Sei (1998)

What am I doing wrong? Anything?

Right, so i've now established that it's NOT supposed to go in the fusebox, but between the steering wheel and the stereo behind the dash. But I can't find any relay there at all - any clues as to what I should be looking for?

hi...i fitted mine in 2 min flat...sitting in the drivers seat,lean into passenger footwell...the relay you are replacing is just above and to the left of your stereo,and can be eased out by gently pulling towards the front of the vehicle..Note the way the pins on the unit sit in your hand...lift new unit with the pins the same way...lean back under dash and install new unit...press fob....smile smuggly...pat self on head...(y)

Ah - now THIS is the advice I needed! I have smug face now as I found the old relay and stuck the new one in instead. Thanks VERY much for your help. And no thanks to Fiat for the instructions that came with the kit, or your quote of £35 to fit it!

glad i could help mate...:cool:..it took me longer to put the remote button on my keyring...:D

Last edited:
If you're looking to fit a remote kit in a Sei there's 'how to' by Neilix05 in the Guides section.
Think he got his very cheap on an Ebay auction.

Back