Technical Doblo glow plugs

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo glow plugs

DObby1

Hiya all! Your assistance is greatly needed!

I have a 2002 JTD and have the glow plug light flashing, which from reading the forums is down to a glow plug failure. This became a problem today when -6 degrees took it's toll and the usual 'on the button' starting was replaced with a good few turn-overs to kick her into life! Can anyone tell me where the glow plugs are and what sort of job it is to change them, I am tempted to replace all 4 if poss as I have found a full set for £25 on e*ay!

Cheers to all!
Steve(y)

Did you end up changeing them? as im doing mine next week.
does the inlet manifold have to come off?

B13,

Do they actually need changing? If the Doblo still starts OK I'd advise against changing them just because of a light on the dash.

We ended up with having to have the head off to repair a stripped glowplug thread on Mrs_G's Cargo. The van was starting fine but the glowplug light flashed. Asked the garage to change the plugs at the next service - BIG MISTAKE. Cost approx £1000 on top of the service bill !!!!!!!

Hi,
Just wondered if you changed your glow plugs, it is a most tedious job, I changed mine on my 03 1900 diesel , you have to remove a bit of kit but if you are a spanner man it easy enough.
derek

derekleeson, how much of a mess about is the changing of the glow plugs??

Ive got a 2001, 1.9 and its only fireing up after a few turns on/off. Getting worse by the day, im lucky if i get it going. I was gonna try and replace them myself but i dunno where to start, i located the first 2 plugs and followed it back to find the other 2. I cant even see them nevermind get a spanner in there. How much has to be removed? manifold, injector, etc???

Ive gotta feeling itll be hours worth of work for a good mechanic and cost me a fair bit of cash getting there.

cheers

Just replaced mine. They are in the voids to the rear of the injectors. Did mine by unplugging injector leads and folding to the right and unbolting the units behind the manifold (had to disconnect associated pipes to get enough movement. Injectors can be unplugged from front and unscrewed with long socket and extensions from above and behind manifold ( a bit fiddly). A magnetic holder is useful to avoid anything dropping down. Hope this helps

Just replaced mine. They are in the voids to the rear of the injectors. Did mine by unplugging injector leads and folding to the right and unbolting the units behind the manifold (had to disconnect associated pipes to get enough movement. Injectors can be unplugged from front and unscrewed with long socket and extensions from above and behind manifold ( a bit fiddly). A magnetic holder is useful to avoid anything dropping down. Hope this helps

My 56 Dobbie has just started with this fault; I get 'Glowplug Fault' on the dash display and a flashing glowplug light...

I don't suppose anyone's done a 'pictoral - how to remove yout glowplugs' have they? :bang:

Back