Technical Multipla Heater and air con

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla Heater and air con

noelm

Hello all,

I have a multipla 1.9 jtd. The problem is that the heater does not give out much heat. Heater fan is working ok. Vents inside car open.
Any thing else I can check.

Also the air con gas is a bit low would that have anything to do with it.
Does anyone know what type of gas it takes and were the filler is. As my friend is a refridgeration engineer.

many thanks
noel

I have come across loads of heater problems on these,everything from switch to module & wiring faults(can be a absolute nightmare!)but start of with basics,thermostat(diesels can take ages to warm anyway,could always fit a webasco heater)pollen filter,operation of stepper motors on heater box etc(y)

Thanks for the reply
Iwill try the Pollen filter & Thermostat.
But what is a webesco heater I never heard of them.

regards
noel

my experience with heater problems aften turns up coolant issues in general, low fluid bad ratio etc. themostat is more likely if your car is overheating outright...most of my heating and ac experience is with big american V8s.

my experience with heater problems aften turns up coolant issues in general, low fluid bad ratio etc. themostat is more likely if your car is overheating outright...most of my heating and ac experience is with big american V8s. how much electronics is actually involved in the fiat heater?
leafblower

It could be the very cold weather recently. Driven slowly my diesel MG wont get up to temperature in my 15 miles commute. The temperature actually started going down halfway through the journey last week.
Diesels are too efficient for their own good at times.

On the other hand my petrol Multi gets nice and warm!

is there an aftermarket heater option for the Fiat diesel? i know that VWs have a seperate gas heater that they put out for their old aircooled engines. just curious...it seems like if there its a regular problem that someone would figure out a way to make money off it...
leafblower

i have had my jtd for about a month now. it takes about 5-10mins max to warm up in the morning, which is normal(as far as i know). my stilo used to take longer than that!

grim

Back