Technical bulb change???

Currently reading:
Technical bulb change???

stylish stilo

Has anyone changed their headlight bulbs yet? I've had a quick look just now (in the dark with a torch...) and I haven't the faintest on how to even get to the bulbs...
Any ideas???
[?]:D[?]:D

1.6 16v Stilo Active Sport, Powerflow twin exit exhaust, K&N Induction kit

Yep, same question here. How the f...[xx(] can you change left (or right) headlight bulb on 1.9 JTD MW. I tried and tried, my friends tried... well we all tried but I think it is impossible since you have to dismantle practically half of the engine including ABS unit and watter tank !!!

Anyone seen - tried changing without going to your bellowed dealer?

Rudi

Stilo MW 1.9 80HP, Tiziano Red, Visteon MP3 player, extra tinted windows, cruise control

I've heard that changing a bulb in headlights in Silo is even more difficult than in Punto Mk2. Stilo owners I know go to the dealer to have the bulb changed.

There is already a topic reg this...
It is indeed quite difficult, you need to remove a lot to get to it... nothing you can do on the side of the road...

1.9 JTD Christal green 115 HP dynamic +
Merkur + Birba + Connect Nav+ + Sidescirts

I searched through all 12 pages and couldn't find it, can you tell me procedure, link, anything...[xx(]

Rudi

Stilo MW 1.9 80HP, Tiziano Red, Visteon MP3 player, extra tinted windows, cruise control

nighmare job that took about 40mins at the weekend to do!!!!!
had to change on of the side light bulbs in the passenger side of mine. Entrance to back of lamp is obscured by battery/cover this is how I did it!!!!
1 - Removed battery cover using supplied Stilo screwdriver 3 or 4 screws (DO NOT REMOVE BATTERY)
2 - remove back of lamp cover - this comes of its hinges to give access to bulb
3 - I removed s#1t shield around wheel arch (5 or 6 posidrive screw)
4 - Gained access to light via fron wheel arch/ however I reckon I didnt need to remove s#1t shield and could have gained access via bonnet.

drivers side should be a doddle after this!!!!!
H5W Bulb was 70p (£1.40 for 2 from Halfords) FIAT wanted £10+VAT to do this!!!!!
Rather do it myself!!!!!!!

it is easier than it sounds - honestly!!!!!

Fiat Stilo 3dr 1.6 Dynamic, Sassi grey with 17's

Hi,

Been informed that it is a dealer job, and they are required to do it for free... Basically, they drop the front bumper and then slide both headlights forward - I know, because both mine need doing due to water ingress and severe corrosion. The dealer said Fiat have told all dealers to do Stilo bulb replacements free of charge because it is impossible to do easily otherwise

Regards,

James Mayl

IT is definitly a dealer job, not a DIY one.But wait untill the front foglights stop working, that is the real problem ... the man on the service needed about an hour and a half to change it and he nearly took out half of the engine. too complicated !

FIAT STILO 1.6 3dR Tiziano Red
Sub=Pioneer TS WX20LPA
AUTOMOBILE SK

I did it[8D]. Luckily it was on driver’s side (right driving). I unscrewed and moved away water tank and few hoses and then I could replace headlamp, it took me 1/2 hour and 5 EUR for H7 lamp.

Rudi

What Front Fog Lights.
If they are there how do you turn them on.

Fiat Stillo MW. 1.9JTD
Met. Blue. all Electric. Skywindow..SatNav+
17" 7 spoke alloys.
Rear Parking sensor and Puddle Lights.

......Ham............

Press the front fog light botton, it loos very similar to the rear fog light button, only its got the "standard" front fog light icon on it! :I All stilo's have it! :I

Manual.... i'm sure you got one, its a great read! :p

2003 3 Door Stilo 1.2 Active, Sassy Grey, 5 disc CD Changer, plastic wheel trims - and 41.7mpg average so far. Love it, Oh yes!

the last three buttons on the left side of the wheel (right sided cars) are Front Fog Lights, Parking Lights and Rear Fog Lights ... got it HAM? And if you want to look from outside they are located lower than the front repeaters.

FIAT STILO 1.6 3dR Tiziano Red
Sub=Pioneer TS WX20LPA
AUTOMOBILE SK

All Stilo's do not have them.
I have Xenon Head Lights, no bulb below the repeater.
Only 2 switches parking and rear fog lights.

:p

Fiat Stillo MW. 1.9JTD
17" 7 spoke alloys.

......Ham............

Terrific lights!!!!!!!!!
Had A Marea 1.8 ELX weekend estate with eliptical head lights which were very good as well.
[8D][8D]

Fiat Stillo MW. 1.9JTD
17" 7 spoke alloys.

......Ham............

Pricey option especially when you loose out on fogs! :I

I mean what will the neds think when you can't run around on sidelights and fogs! Escpecially so as all the other drivers flash at you when you dazzle them with your xenons.... :p

I like xenons, just got put off when they were first introduced and heard the bulbs blow frequently (compaired with standard lights) and they cost a small African GDP. [8)]

2003 3 Door Stilo 1.2 Active, Sassy Grey, 5 disc CD Changer, plastic wheel trims - and 41.7mpg average so far. Love it, Oh yes!

Hi Guys,
I have had the joy of changing the bulbs on my stilo, as the dealer wanted 1 hrs labour cost.
It took me all day as I had to remove the batt,water tank and batt housing.
UNBELIEVABLE!

kk

Back