Technical Mirror Temp Sensor?

Currently reading:
Technical Mirror Temp Sensor?

I say mirror as its a bit back-to-front in its operation.

In cold weather it shows mileage, except for when you press the 'temp' button where it shows the actual temp for 10 seconds, 1 degrees today brrr..

In warmer weather it always shows temp. Pressing the 'temp' button does nothing.

This seems to be back to front compared to the normal operation of the system described in the book. The module doesn't seem to be broken as it still shows correct temps, and will flick between modes - however its got things mixed up between showing temp when its cold and showing temp when its warm. Could there be a wire on the wrong way around, or something I can fix? Service manager at Fiat told me 400 quid for a new one.. I'm prepared to do a lot of tinkering to save 400 pounds!

Anyone? Please?

I had same problem with display showing temperature continuously, except for 2 or 3 seconds after ignition was switched on, or by pressing milage reset button. fault cleared after a while but now it looks like its here to stay. anyone found a fix for this annoyance?

Alan M said:
I had same problem with display showing temperature continuously, except for 2 or 3 seconds after ignition was switched on, or by pressing milage reset button. fault cleared after a while but now it looks like its here to stay. anyone found a fix for this annoyance?

I've been having a similar problem periodically, but mainly in wet weather so I thought it was wiring. It kicked in again in December when we had the cold snap, first time I started the car and the temp was below 3 degrees.

In the past I've found that 90% of the time I can clear it by turning the ignition with the wipers turned on. Not sure how or why that does it, but it works on my car. Just waiting for the summer when it tends to go to temp only display at any point over 18 degrees. :)

Back