Technical Stilo Battery

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Battery

GOONBOY

HI GUYS,
I HAVE AN 02 1.2 STILO.THE BATTERY GAVE UP LAST NIGHT AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT TO REPLACE IT WITH(SERIAL NUMBER ETC).I CAN ORDER ONE CHEAP THROUGH MY WORK BUT DON,T KNOW WHAT TO ORDER.WAS GOING TO TAKE THE BATTERY TO WORK BUT DON,T WANT TO RISK LOSING ALL INFO STORED IN THE CAR ITSELF:confused:

I changed mine for a Halfrauds one, Which sorted a few start up problems (warning messages) cost £65.00 fitted fine.

As for the car info stored you would only loose the time and date which can be reset via the menu button, took 10 mins to change the battery and reset the clock.

The battery you need is a 065 (standard UK coding). The Heavy Duty one is an 075 but stick with the 065 for the 1.2, it'll be more than adequate!

GOT THE WOMAN IN THE OFFICE AT WORK TO PHONE A COMPANY CALLED DINGBRO THIS MORNING.SHE TOLD THEM THE CAR DETAILS AND THEY DELIVERED A BOSCH ONE THIS AFTERNOON.ALL FITTED AND AS YOU SAY,JUST THE TIME AND DATE TO SET.OUR FITTER RECKONS IT'LL ONLY BE ABOUT 20 TO 30 QUID THROUGH THE COMPANIES ACCOUNT.CERTAINLY THE WAY TO DO IT.CHEERS GUYS(y)

Its very rooode to shout so! ;)

Anyhoo, i never use Hellfrauds for batteries now, i go to a small parts factor, they always sell better stuff cheaper! It was gonna cost me £50 for small mini battery, underpowered at best! Went to a parts factor, who said Puma battery would fit at a squeeze, much higher capacity battery! Silver acid something or other (basically they ones Hellfrauds charge you double for). Varta branded, and it cost? £30! I've discharged the battery fully so many times it doesn't deserve to still work, but 3 years on and it still holds a good charge! You won't get that with a Hellfrauds unit!

I only bought a Halfrauds one because it was the easy option (yeah it cost me more). I bought the high powered one and it solved the problem, as I am looking to sell my car in the coming months and buy a Abarth so I am not really that bothered what the battery will be like in 3 years:) Good advise though, if time had not been such a factor I would have shopped about.

Back