Technical Non Working Brake Lights

Currently reading:
Technical Non Working Brake Lights

lonegun

I have a punto 60 sx 99 5 door and the brake lights have stoped workin.

Its probley the fuse I hope

I need to know how to fix this I not opened the fuse box before

I need to know what fuse it is and where I can get one.

Please someone help

gaz

If it was the fuse quite a few other things wouldn't work either.
(engine speed sensor, digital clock, indicators etc).

Its more likely to be blown bulbs or the switch at the top of the brake pedal, easy to see. I'm assuming you know how to use a multimeter and you have one. Check and replace, very easy job.

www.puntoforum.co.uk

Evil-Punto AKA Evilution.

on your mates fiesta he proubly didn't notice other things not working its quite normal to have a few things on one fuse. good safty thing aswell if brake lights fuse goes and also something inside car don't work you know your brake kights are not working before someone smacks into the back of you.
You can check your fuses if you like some in glovebox,some behind the little shelf thing on drivers side (2 screws to open that one).
but like evil says might be blown bulbs thing is one goes then all the power goes into the other one so that blows,
sometimes the button on the switch gets stuck in so when you press brake it don't come out so lights don't come on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

Back