General Analogue clock

Currently reading:
General Analogue clock

PandaManPaul

Owner of Gemma the Panda
I've recently bought one from E-bay :) It's the official Panda analogue clock that was fitted in the Super, 'S', and 4x4 models.

Now, I'd have thought it would illuminate when the sidelights are on. But it doesn't, and proves useless on an unlit road at night ;)

Over the holiday I might well take it apart and check if there are any bulbs inside, but I was wondering if any of you knowledgeable people here could tell me please? :)

p_blue.gif
a_blue.gif
u_blue.gif
l_blue.gif

Sorry Paul.

I've had no reason to go there, yet..

FWIW neither Haynes, or Porter, give anything terribly useful.

Do your light switches and heater controls light up, by the way??

They do on the '93 CLX (which has an illuminated clock), but not on the '90 CL (which doesn't have a clock).

Regards

John H

John,

No problem, I was just asking :)

Thankfully, my heater controls and switches do light-up.

I wasn't aware you had the analogue clock on your CLX? [:0]

p_blue.gif
a_blue.gif
u_blue.gif
l_blue.gif

I've the analogue clock on my '92 CLX too...and both it and the controls do light-up[8D]!Btw I had the occasion to replace the inside lamp of the clock...it's just a 3W bulb!!

Thanks Enzo :)

Sounds like I need to go down to the local motor factors.....

p_blue.gif
a_blue.gif
u_blue.gif
l_blue.gif

hi

i've got one too. and i think they all have lamps inside. just check that small lamp. it may be broken.

greetings from germany

Thank-you grinni :)

I'll be checking it over the holiday with my Dad. I need to replace the sliding light switch, so whilst taking the dash apart, might as well do both jobs ;)

Greetings from England :)

p_blue.gif
a_blue.gif
u_blue.gif
l_blue.gif

Thank-you everyone for your help :)

I've fitted a new 12V 1.2W bulb in the clock, and it works [^]

In fact, it's been quite a productive day. We've cured the earth fault which prevented my indicators from working all the time (fitted a new earth from the back of the engine to the body), fitted a new dash light switch (original one had worn out B)), and we've also fixed the near-side sidelight problem. (Sometimes it would come on, other times it wouldn't. Turned out to be a poor connection in the bulb holder). Next up is an oil and filter change, and a set of spark plugs... :)

p_blue.gif
a_blue.gif
u_blue.gif
l_blue.gif

:D

True, but it all needs to be done.

And it's nice to have lights and indicators again [:eek:)]

Previously, when the indicators wouldn't work, I had to switch off the engine, then instantly fire it up again, and then they'd work. This got a bit scary on the M5 at 60-odd mph [:0] But with the new earth lead fitted, all is well :)[^]:)

beaker.gif

There was the black plug for it already in the dash, behind the blanking piece.

It was just a matter of unclipping that, and plugging the clock in. Then screw it in to the holes either side. Nice and simple :)

beaker.gif

Back