General Bye Bye Stilo and Bye Bye Fiat!

Currently reading:
General Bye Bye Stilo and Bye Bye Fiat!

SHC

I've owned Fiats for 12 years from a Panda to a Stilo. This car has had several faults and the future did not look rosy. (the drivers side door trim just "fell" off!). So I've traded in the Stilo and got an 04 plate Mercedes-Benz A Class A140. I know this car had problems at launch in '98 but they seem to have been addressed by Mercedes. This car has build quality that the Stilo just cannot compete with. Every shut line is perfect, the plastic trim fits perfectly, I could go on. It's a shame that the Stilo had to go but even though it's a bit better built than Fiats of old, it still isnt good enough. Well thanks for all the help given over the months and good luck with your cars.

the i-sold-my-poor-old-fiat desease is spreading rather fast...:D

njoy ur new (?????) buy...i can assure u that if the stilo was 3000k at least overprised, it would have much better plastic trims than the merc u bought, beeing a new model and all that...

uno_94 said:
bye, but i cant really believe your comparing fiat build quality with merc's.
So you're saying that if you buy a Fiat, you know you're buying inferior quality? :confused:
H

sammiboo said:
must be something in the air.... we seem to be losing a few stilo owners lately

I dont believe it is the car going out of fashion another one gone soon we will have to rename F/F to[not including the stilo] wheres that bottle of pop :cry: ime going to get rat arsed:D

M/Benz still have problems - my dad's previous SL500 had a serious rattle in the rear quarter behind the seats that never ever got cured.

And when he got his new one, he had a brake recall as well, lol [that came the day after my selespeed had given up, and he had laughed at that ;)]

Good luck with the A140 (y)

Who is PNL? :spin:

Good luck with the A140; nice motor to be honest. However, your experience with friendly Fiat dealers will stand you in good sted when dealing with Daimler Chrysler. Idiots, the lot of them...

Did you look at the Audi A2? I compared both A-klasse and A2 and I couldn't find anything on the A-klasse that was better, other than it being a grand cheaper.

:yuck: Anybody ever driven an A Class? had a brief go in an automatic, SHOCKINGLY BAD! wanted to get out after ten yards, ride hard enough to shake your fillings out, rather have my Stilo anyday despite its faults (biggest one being dealers!)(n)

Merc build quality is shocking for what the bloody things cost.

anything manual will break

anything electrical will break

Dont know about anyone else but getting a bit bored with the Stilo now and I dont know why either. Need to borrow another car for a week thats worse so I will appreciate it again

Sid said:
:yuck: Anybody ever driven an A Class?
Yes, I drove a diesel one for a week. It used hardly any fuel, and I really liked it.
H

JTD Monkey said:
However, your experience with friendly Fiat dealers will stand you in good sted when dealing with Daimler Chrysler. Idiots, the lot of them...

That's because I spent 6 weeks interviewing and employing them! (well, the apprentices!)

Back