Technical Punto Rear speaker cabling

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Rear speaker cabling

GialloSporting

Can anybody please help me...

Wher can I find the rear speaker cables in my 2002 Punto Sporting?

I have dismantled most of the car to trace these but to no avail.

:bang:

I know they are there, cause I found them at the front pocket for the head unit. All the cabling for the 100w built in subwoofer is present at the front and I've traced their colour coding with the help of Hanes manual.

I just cant find any trace of loose cabling of the same colour coded wires at the back...

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ok, I finally found the answer. :) I have dismantled most of the dashboard, console and glove box to find this...

The cabling goes from behind the head unit to the passenger side (i.e left), near the passenger feet under the carpet below on the side just in front of the main speaker.

When I lifted the fitted carpet I found a big grey connector on the side, clipping into the next one. This connector has a blue hinged thing to help the connectors click together.

Now in my case, all the wiring arrives to the first connector, but the second connector has wiring for front speakers (including the tweeters) but no wiring to the rear.

So I will have to lay wiring from then onwards.

Maybe this finding will be of any help to anybody else

:) Yes it is helpful! Many thanks, this was on my list of questions to ask, I'm thinking of upgrading the stereo in my Punto.

Cheers, good luck with your wiring.

Back