Technical my wifes chinq is doomed to scrap !

Currently reading:
Technical my wifes chinq is doomed to scrap !

shaunmurray

well here we go again ive spent the best part of six months rebuilding the car !:confused: :confused:

the story so far ::bang: :bang:

bought the car and was fine and all of a sudden it started to run like a bag of shi* and thought it could be the battery being crap.

changed it and still no change so then we went through all the possibilities

new plugs (n)
new coil packs (n)
new leads (n)
new crank sensor (n)
new map sensor (n)
new (chipped) ECU (n)
recon full head with gaskets (n)
new earth strap (n)
new injector

hhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppp comes to mind .......

please try and shine sum light on this for me :

basically what happens is when yu apply any pressure to the accelarator it splutters and stalls and it wont even idle properly .....

cheers shaun :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: (n)

Lambda sensor tends to give off a bad egg smell, so it might give you an indication. Recently replaced my lambda, cost £60 for the part - car was kangarooing badly and spluttering, it sounded like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from the back.

:)
tried FIAT but the car has been modified so they wont touch it ?????? and theres no light on my dash so im baffled !!!!! a mechanic ruled out the lambda in the first test he did !
shaun :D :D

lambda sensor(y)
I didnt get any lights on the dash but had the same problems as yours .

They arent that expensive £50 ish and are very easy to fit so id give it a go , only use the correct model not one of those universal ones.

Fuel starvation (caused by crud in the tank blocking the coke-can sized filter under the middle of the car) can sometimes cause poor running - can the car be revved/driven? If it runs at low revs and stalls at high revs/under load I'd look at the filter.

(Oh BTW, I have an old lambda sensor - some muppet at the breakers cut the multiplug off but its in a jiffy bag and you can have it for £10 + £3 postage)

thanks for all the comments

the car wont drive at all and i aint got the time over xmas im busy building a harley bike for our son so it will have to wait till new year ..

shaun

Back