Golf GtTDI vs....

Currently reading:
Golf GtTDI vs....

h2ypr

500 + 600
How do u think one of these tuned to 197bhp (with equally increased torque figures) would fair against any other fast car out there.... golf gti, civic type r, leon cupra r.... i know this is a fiat forum but im just wantin to see where its placed before i attempt to race it in my FIAT :D

Ross

not sure what you got done to your coupe, but if its standard back off my brother has a golf gtdi and can beat standard coupes HTH :)

the old myth about diesels not having acceleration is just that these days... those GTTDI's have some real rear end torque and don't have pull...

Off the line diesels arent the best, saying that ive had a rough time of 8.1secs to 60 with a 130bhp Fabia. Angel Tuning quote around 7secs with a remap to 180bhp. The Golfs a heavier car though.

I dont think it could beat CTRs or Leon CRs but I doubt they'd pull away from the Golf ;) Yours has 300bhp......yours would win lol.

Not a standard coupe. Probably over 300bhp. A non modded gttdi is only 135/150 bhp. Hes probably been racing the non turbos. Cause i had a race against this gt tdi in my rover and it wasnt that much quicker than my modded 1.6.

Ross

h2ypr said:
Not a standard coupe. Probably over 300bhp. A non modded gttdi is only 135/150 bhp. Hes probably been racing the non turbos. Cause i had a race against this gt tdi in my rover and it wasnt that much quicker than my modded 1.6.

Ross
no it was a turbo :) my brothers is not standard :)

Ok. A 150bhp gttdi is 8.3 secs to 60 supposedly. They weight more than a coupe and have about the same lb/ft figure. Standard 20vt v gttdi. How the hell is ur bro beating coupes then?

Ross

p.s. posted while above post was entered...

panda_gal said:
no it was a turbo :) my brothers is not standard :)
Whats it had done? And kickin out what power? And was it the 135 bhp diesel???

Ross

h2ypr said:
Whats it had done? And kickin out what power? And was it the 135 bhp diesel???

Ross
:eek: all i know is its a 150bhp with super chip :) i'm a girl i dont understand all the nitty gritty :eek:

150bhp plus superchip. hes probably jacking off on the right side of 200bhp :D. Still dont see it beating a standard coupe easily, if at all. Esp since the coupe in standard will pass 160 and that diesel will run outta puff around 140 tops!

Ross

Kinnda same car my mate has a Ibiza TDi that has been remapped to a supposed 180bhp... :yum:

And that would just eat my uno dyno'd at 166bhp :eek: and also my mates Fester RST running supposedly 180+

Would love to *borrow* my mum's coop to test it out but am not allowed :rolleyes:

See thats different tho. ur uno is less power... and the rst is probably over quoted as people love to do. Otherwise known as ur Pub figure!! :D

I'd like to see it done of course. But just cant see it. I know what the coupe is like. Its geared for speed once its moving. I nailed a s2000 from rolling 30mph start. An i mean nailed. After 80mph he gave up and i was miles ahead. I only had a chip fitted. But as i said... if it can be done then cool :D

Ross

h2ypr said:
150bhp plus superchip. hes probably jacking off on the right side of 200bhp :D. Still dont see it beating a standard coupe easily, if at all. Esp since the coupe in standard will pass 160 and that diesel will run outta puff around 140 tops!

Ross
i dont know if the coupes are the same but hes got trackson (sp) control and all sorts and the off road ;) area we test cars round here is very curvy so maybe that was a factor i dunno :eek:

Traction control slows ya down. Anyone who wants a quick launch usually turns it off. It all depends on the drivers and the cars. A coupe with a dodgy manifold will be hitting less than 200bhp. Whereas the your bro would happily redline it to beat the coupe (no problem there ;) ) whereas i know lots of drivers that wouldnt take the car near the redline. "Just in case" :D

Ross

Hmm.... as i said... depends on the driver. However the uno has amazing weight/power ratio.I personally would love to get in an uno turbo!! My dad had a 900cc when i was younger and i would just love to be in one again!! :D memories.

Ross

i was wondering about that traction control, i get crap starts if i dont spin my wheels as the power just drops as the clutch grips, i think i launch at about 3.5k rpm now and taking it to the redline i get 2nd gear wheel spin when i change up:D not bad for a 45hp

Back