General Aggressive Black German Cars

Currently reading:
General Aggressive Black German Cars

Davefridge

Established member
What's with the drivers of aggressive black German cars? They fill your rear view mirror with their aggressive styled grills and over bright day lights. If they're not in your mirror, they're usually in lane 3 or 4 of the A1 M near me. Speed limits and amber traffic lights don't apply to them either. This week, one undertook me by going on the hard shoulder of the slip road as I came off the motorway! I hate 'em! Rant over, have a nice weekend.

But lots of them pay for those fancy sequencing indicators. Personally I don't like them either. Meant to add that some Volvos are aggressive looking as well and don't get me started on those huge "sport" range rover things!

Remember the Audi advert from the mid-90s where the young, thrusting yuppie aggressively test-drives a black A4 and then lobs the keys back to the long-haired salesman, saying "It's not really my style"?

Well, guess what? Turns out it was, after all.

How the hell did that happen? My brother had a string of Audi 80s and A4s (none of them black). He's the original Captain Slow, the least aggressive, most considerate driver you ever saw. Similarly my old head of department in work, an ultra-conservative gent in his 60s who'd previously had a couple of Marina saloons, and a Jetta (nuff said), and aspired to an Audi. He's now gone back to VW (a Passat, in silver, natch).

Personally, I blame The Stath. Put anyone behind the wheel of a black Audi these days, and they all want to play at being The Transporter. But no doubt Audi's bean-counters are laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited:
Did you know that tyres for a BMW x7 are over 300 quid a piece! I don't know this from personal experience!

Back