Technical Doblo 2009 1.4 unleaded conversion - e10?

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo 2009 1.4 unleaded conversion - e10?

Eliza2021

Hi,

I recently bought a 59 reg Doblo. It's got a 1388cc engine and has been converted from leaded to unleaded. Today I filled her up with e10 unleaded petrol. Is this a problem? ( I checked the government website page and found that Fiat Doblos with 1.6l unleaded engines should not use e10, but my circumstances were not mentioned).

Any advice, please?

Thank you!

Hi,

I recently bought a 59 reg Doblo. It's got a 1388cc engine and has been converted from leaded to unleaded. Today I filled her up with e10 unleaded petrol. Is this a problem? ( I checked the government website page and found that Fiat Doblos with 1.6l unleaded engines should not use e10, but my circumstances were not mentioned).

Any advice, please?

Thank you!

What a 59 plate that been converted from leaded fuel?

No car in the UK anywhere near that age would need converting from leaded fuel
Anything post 2000 and likely we'll before that would have been capable of running on unleaded from the factory

Oh, I must have misunderstood when I was told about the conversion, then. It used to be suitable for wheelchairs although now I use it as a micro camper. Certainly the fuel tank was changed as it doesn't register fuel capacity accurately and has been attached under the car in such a way that the clearance is reduced... So, all that being said, will I be okay using e10, do you think? TIA

Oh, I must have misunderstood when I was told about the conversion, then. It used to be suitable for wheelchairs although now I use it as a micro camper. Certainly the fuel tank was changed as it doesn't register fuel capacity accurately and has been attached under the car in such a way that the clearance is reduced... So, all that being said, will I be okay using e10, do you think? TIA

The conversion with have been for the wheelchairs lift ect now work will have been done on the engine itself unless hand control's fitted and even then it won't be to the internals
Fiat
E10 petrol is cleared for all Fiat vehicles with petrol engines starting from 1st January 2001 (Euro 3 emission level), except the following vehicles:

Barchetta: 1.8 litre
Bravo/Brava (Type 182): 1.6 litre
Doblò: 1.6 litre
Marea: 1.6 and 2.0 litre
Multipla: 1.6 litre
Palio: 1.6 litre
Punto (Type 188): 1.8 litre
Stilo: 1.6 litre (only displacement 1.596 cm3), Stilo 1.8 litre and Stilo 2.4 litre

According to the info I've seen it should be fine it only seems to be the older engines rather then the newer ones like the 1.4

Last edited:
Back