Technical Stalled and wouldn't restart

Currently reading:
Technical Stalled and wouldn't restart

Hi all, in mallorca today the temperature is very high, about 35ish.

I was pulling up to a junction today, the revs dropped to almost nothing, applied more throttle, no real effect, eventually stalled.

Restarted, very poor running then stalled.

The engine was showing middle of the gauge temperature, all good, 40% fuel, no warning lights.

when I opened the bonnet, it was fiercely hot in the bay, I had to use a cloth to open the catch as too hot to touch, but bear in mind she is black and the sun is super strong here at the moment.

All seemed find, very hot, especially under the heat shield in the region of exhaust manifold, but I guess that's to be expected. All fluid levels looked good.

Lef her for around 20 minutes, rang a guy who has a garage just 100meters away, we tried to restart, seemed okay, drove it to the garage.

Any ideas folks? on the face of it was heat related but all the gauges were good, oil temp??

Cheers in advance.

Mark

Brilliant thanks, thanks, thinking about it, just before the car was standing in the sun, running, for about 10mins, while I spoke to a guy, so it would have been building up heat then, it kinda felt like it was out of fuel to me, so the vapour lock could make sense.

Thanks

Quick update, spent a day on test in the garage, all good, picked her up this morning, perfect, not a hesitation.

So to summarize, if I have to sit for extended period in the scorching sun (37.5 here today, in reality about 50 in the sun) then I will shut the engine down and allow the system to cool naturally rather than just build huge heat mountain under the bonnet that will end in fuel starvation.

Cheers all, happy driving.

Back