Panda (Classic) Selecta. “The original Mandapanda”

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) Selecta. “The original Mandapanda”

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
media8.jpg

This was taken in April 2007 when in my ownership.

So, an update.

It’s been a bit of a journey, literally, but I have just returned from East London on what has been the hottest day of the year in Mandapanda. I previously owned this car prior to joining the forum in 2007, then an identical Selecta, a manual with bull and roof bars, Poppi, N reg Colour etc. The lady who bought her back then is now giving up driving - having not used Manda since the first lockdown and however it happened, I now own Mandapanda again.

She dealt with the hour of traffic at the Blackwall tunnel admirably, only going over 90 degrees on a couple of occasions. Dual carriageway way, bit of M25 and then the back lanes all the way to the South Coast.

A few jobs to do, Speedo cable and some new shocks firstly.
She’s aged fairly well in the 14 years since I had her. The little clock on the dash still constantly grumbles.

I’ll post some pictures once she’s had a good clean. The builders are in at mine and now a thick layer of dust has descended. Here’s one with her younger sister in tow (sporting FF sticker) at a food stop.

963BFCF9-BA4A-49D0-813B-E44412D5BBBF.jpg

Last edited:
The bodywork has held up quite well, but it was garaged for the last 14 years which I guess has helped. A couple of bits of rust to attend to and a small patch which may need welding.

My neighbour said he will happily be able to assist me with that. He drives a Bond Bug, but is quite impressed by Manda.

I did find a random piece of trim under the bonnet but can’t think where it’s come from (if from the car at all)

IMG_2378.JPGIMG_2375.JPG

Last edited:
Finally got to give the bumpers a good clean and they came up surprisingly well. Also changed the plugs and HT Leads. Not sure when the plugs were last replaced ! She’s running even better now.

IMG_2392.JPGIMG_2393.JPGIMG_2391.JPGIMG_2390.JPG

Back