Technical New here and blower issues!

Currently reading:
Technical New here and blower issues!

rhuck83

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well.

I’m new here, don’t really do that much forum or car stuff though! I can do a few standard things (bulbs, oil, etc...) but I normally get it in the garage for bigger things.

I’ve found my climate control has packed in! Tried all the settings and nothing! A bit of research and I’ve heard that the resistor block can sometimes go and as I can feel the fan try when I turn it on or off, I suspect it might be that.

I’ve found one online for £20 on offer but I can’t find the location in the car! Every video I find is for an older model so no good. Kinda pulling my hair out now, and the cold weather this week hasn’t helped!

I’ll be much appreciative of any info or pics any of you have. It’s a 2016 Punto Easy+.

Much thanks in advance,

R

Your 2016 car should still have the same parts in its interior fan/heater system as puntos and Vauxhall corsa’s going back to about 2005.

If you have a climate control model which you probably do then you don’t have a resistor at all which might be why you can’t find it.

You have a PWM unit which is stupidly expensive but also much more reliable than the old resistors, if you explain what the problem is, what’s working/not working and what’s displaying on the climate unit, then maybe we can give some better advice. If you want to just change the ‘resistor’ and you do have a climate control model the. You’ll need to track down the PWM unit

This is the sort of thing you will need and should be looking for under the dash
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123456487032

This is a very good deal so if it’s correct for your car (check part numbers) then you can bag yourself a bargain, they are usually £100 more than that.
I would check every single fuse one by one before changing anything

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi

If it has twisty knobs..it has a residtor pack

If it has push button control.. its different

Personally
. I WOULD remove the fan itself.. and test it before worrying about the finer controls

The unit is basically unchanged from the 2006 grande ;)

Cheers! It DEFINITELY not got a resistor block (well not like the one I almost bought!). I think I’ve got it diagnosed to the climate control unit bolted next to the fan, or one of the plugs to be more specific! Looks melted through.

Hi did you solve the issue? I'm having the same issue with my Daughters 62 reg. No resistor block in the place its showing on youtube guessing the video is for older model.

If the car has climate control it uses something called a PWM module (pulse width modulation) basically an electronic switch that turns the fan on and off really quickly to control the speed that he fan spins at. This is in largely the same place as the normal resistor block but its much bigger and is recognised by the curved aluminium heat sink on the back of it that radiates heat away from the electronics.

Common failure point, used to be very expensive but these days because they where much more common on later models are somewhere around the £50ish mark Shop around and look on ebay.

Might not be the issue at all so I would still carefully check you have power getting to the module before splashing out

If the car has climate control it uses something called a PWM module (pulse width modulation) basically an electronic switch that turns the fan on and off really quickly to control the speed that he fan spins at. This is in largely the same place as the normal resistor block but its much bigger and is recognised by the curved aluminium heat sink on the back of it that radiates heat away from the electronics.

Common failure point, used to be very expensive but these days because they where much more common on later models are somewhere around the £50ish mark Shop around and look on ebay.

Might not be the issue at all so I would still carefully check you have power getting to the module before splashing out
Hi.
I went and had a look last night and found 3 connections going into the bottom of what I think is the fan housing just behind the glove box.
1x black connection with brown n black cable
1x black connection with black n red cable
1x grey connection with brown n black cable.
The grey connection as soon as I pushed it 2wards the front of the car the fan kicked In.
Left loose of it and the fan stopped.
For now i have wedged some cardboard in between to jeep it pushed over.

Back