Technical Extracting diesel from multipla as being scrapped

Currently reading:
Technical Extracting diesel from multipla as being scrapped

Hi, all! Re red & black 2001 1.9 jtd . Following my last thread I have now scraped my Multipla with the Recycling Lives charity who are collecting it on Monday. When the handbrake Cable yolk bracket broke it was as I was moving my freshly filled car out of the way of an impatient person (who could not gauge widths) in the fuel pump behind at the petrol station. As a result after getting home and diagnosing the expensive problem I have a very full tank of diesel. I have looked everywhere on this site, YouTube, neighbours and friends to solve the problem as I have tried manually to siphon done fuel out to no avail with a multitude of hoses. Everyone says the pump is under the passenger seat. Seats out, carpets up, nothing found. Gonnella Bros said it was not possible! They only wanted the exhaust anyway and would have given me less than RL.

As I am now having the (fine runner of a) car trailered away I could just hack it up and snip/saw some pipes I suppose but that would not be nice.

Any thoughts appreciated, photos even better!

My pic is of the back corner where the fuel thingy is. I looked there (in my ignorance) first!

Attachments

• 127C062F-18F1-41E4-B585-3E63F3AC403E.jpeg
    127C062F-18F1-41E4-B585-3E63F3AC403E.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 124
ePER should show enough.. :)

On other FIATs Ive tried various methods

Getting the tank pump out would expose a big hole and A LOT of diesel..

I would be more comfortable either

Cutting and removing the filler tube..
There will be direct tank access that way ;)

Or inder the bonnet.. remove line from filter area

Either direct from tank.. and power the pump

Or

Use the returnline.. and run the motor

Drilled holes are slow..and messy :eek:

Hi, all! Thanks for your comments. It turned out that with a couple of metres of strong hosepipe, a wet rag and short hosepipe to blow into tank I got almost 60l out today, the last ten a bit murky with a few bits. My lips and cheeks are well sore though! The last ten litres were extracted with a finer longer tube within the guiding hosepipe and the nearside jacked up on the camber. I think there may still be 5l in there somewhere but it was a dribble coming out on a very small height difference, even with blowing hard! Scrap company can have a lighter load now!

Attachments

• D63A94FE-0180-4D6E-9CB1-03CC881C4FEC.jpeg
    D63A94FE-0180-4D6E-9CB1-03CC881C4FEC.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 93DBFEF3-E6F1-4EE4-B25C-36CFD33134E4.jpeg
    93DBFEF3-E6F1-4EE4-B25C-36CFD33134E4.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 66
Hi, all! Thanks for your comments. It turned out that with a couple of metres of strong hosepipe, a wet rag and short hosepipe to blow into tank I got almost 60l out today, the last ten a bit murky with a few bits. My lips and cheeks are well sore though! The last ten litres were extracted with a finer longer tube within the guiding hosepipe and the nearside jacked up on the camber. I think there may still be 5l in there somewhere but it was a dribble coming out on a very small height difference, even with blowing hard! Scrap company can have a lighter load now!

Chapeau to you sir. I'm AMAZED that worked. You must have been blowing flippin' hard!

A shame to see the car getting scrapped. Do 'Recycling Lives' break the car and sell the parts?

Back