1990s climate control buttons!

Currently reading:
1990s climate control buttons!

ddavev

Hi all,

I'm slightly ashamed to admit it, but i'm an interloper!

I've always wanted a Fiat Coupe - but never quite got around to it!

The reason for my visit... I've got the dubious honour of owning a Ferrari 360.

Recently - I broke the 'stop' button on the climate control - which in turn has now disabled the entire climate control system on my car - no heat, no ac - nothing!

In true Ferrari fashion - a USED climate control unit is about the price of a project Fiat Coupe!

having stripped the unit, and pulled the button apart - the contacts have disintegrated.

Now -I'm hoping- that given the time period - the component is common somewhere in the Fiat range!

The switch is a simply push button affair with 'type 905' and '8k' on one side, and 'b569' on the other. it has a 3 connection base. The body is blue/grey and the plunger white - both plastic.

Is this ringing any bells with anyone? even better.. does anyone have one, or know where i can get one?

many thanks in advance for your responses!

Dave

Hi there,

This car is a 99 build - but I can see from Ferrarichat that someone was looking for exactly the same component number for an F355 - which were mid 90s cars and carried parts over from the F348 - so I wouldnt be surprised if the component were used through the whole decade.

The shape of the button touch/pushy bit itself doesnt matter - they are push fit.. the body/plunger are the bits i'm trying to chase down.. they look like this.

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
Back