Technical Gear selector cables

Currently reading:
Technical Gear selector cables

welshJimbo

Hi All, I have a punto III 1.4 with start stop and the side to side gear selector cable has snapped.

Has anyone managed to get this from anywhere other than a dealer as I have checked my local autospares and they have nothing for the start/stop model.

If anyone can help that would be much appreciated. seems like our local Fiat dealers are not working.

Hi All, I have a punto III 1.4 with start stop and the side to side gear selector cable has snapped.

Has anyone managed to get this from anywhere other than a dealer as I have checked my local autospares and they have nothing for the start/stop model.

If anyone can help that would be much appreciated. seems like our local Fiat dealers are not working.

Hi

Im not convinced S : S makes a difference..?

Get the part number then google it.. ;)

I will add a link ;)

Charlie. Abertillery

Last edited:

Hi

Try shop4parts.. the forum discount should help with the p+p

Who have you tried ?

L C Newport

Ponthir Caerleon

https://www.fiatdalys.lt/en/catalog/parts/212/21/20/2/6U/0/0/CC1.4/CMBBZ/GDX/gear-stick-flex-shaft

Charlie. Abertillery

Last edited:
Hi

Try shop4parts.. the forum discount should help with the p+p

Who have you tried ?

L C Newport

Ponthir Caerleon

Charlie. Abertillery

Called the dealer, no chance of a part number. Tried that link but my VIN number is not being recognised. not a good outcome really. All the motorfactors have the non start/stop cable but not the one with S/S :(

Called the dealer, no chance of a part number. Tried that link but my VIN number is not being recognised. not a good outcome really. All the motorfactors have the non start/stop cable but not the one with S/S :(

Read the individual cable descriptions..

That breaks down the fitment variants on Righthand side of column ;)

What did shop4parts say?

Hi guys, I ended up having to buy one from a dealer at £143 :(

Mick at parts4 cars was superb but sadly the cable was in Germany and the EU have been gits apparently so there was going to be a fair delay (as in weeks)

The problem I have though is that I can't see any way of removing the stop start sensor mechanism, anyone changed this? I can see the click that hold it in place, but it is wrapped around the cable and I can't see a was of parting the assembly.

Back