General Bull Bar - Light Bar

Currently reading:
General Bull Bar - Light Bar

carltonmeister

I own a 2014 500L. I would like to put extra LED lights on the front of the car. I live in a mountainous region of Southern New Mexico, USA. There are ELK, Deer, Cows, Wild Horses, and small critters all over our roads at night. It is difficult to see what type of animal is near the roadways. Does anyone know of a kit that is available. I put Bull Bar, also called Kangaroo Guard, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim Carlton
Cloudcroft, NM

There's nothing like that available in Europe I don't think due to as far I'm aware bull bars beingle illegal in the EU on safety grounds due to the pedestrian risk

Perhaps you could look in to sort of roof mounted light's perhaps mounted onto the roof bars
Or if the light's arnt too heavy mounted on to the grill at the front

There's nothing like that available in Europe I don't think due to as far I'm aware bull bars beingle illegal in the EU on safety grounds due to the pedestrian risk

Perhaps you could look in to sort of roof mounted light's perhaps mounted onto the roof bars
Or if the light's arnt too heavy mounted on to the grill at the front

Still legal in the uk, but if fitted they have to be no more dangerous or harmful to pedestrians than the car without them, meaning that they would have to give way and bend/break to protect a pedestrian in an accident, basically making them pointless. They then also have to be e-marked since 2007 so that’s why almost no new car since 2007 has them.

But no there is no manufacturer made bull bar for a Fiat 500L, especially as the 500L isn’t even an SUV, let alone being an off road or 4x4 capable car

If anyone wanted or needed such an accessory then they’d probably need to get it made bespoke and it would not be legal in the uk certainly but in the states that might vary from one state to another ?

Last edited:
Back