Technical Stop Start function

Currently reading:
Technical Stop Start function

blabummu

FIAT 500 X 2015 1.4 - Stop/Start not working

Hi. I know this is an old chestnut but I like my S/S function and its stopped working so I'm after some advice.

Car went in for service last week and on return the S/S wasn't working. Mechanic put it back on the diagnostic and said it was just an issue of battery charge but the batt and alternator were fine.

The battery was showing 3/4 charge on the display and despite several jaunts up and down the M5 since it hasn't gained or lost any charge. Is it worth plugging it into a charger?

The cold weather has lifted and so I'm not using masses of power to heat the car etc. and still the S/S wont kick in.

I've read elsewhere about disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes to reboot the system. Any good? If I do will I need a code to reset the radio?

Returning it to the garage is an option but its such a faff if its a simple fix.

Any ideas? Thanks

These AGM batteries for stop start cars need to be in tip top charged condition. They from my experience cost double than a standard battery and not last more than 4 - 5 years.

The Start/Stop algorithms are complex. Basically battery condition/charge AND other factors such a climate control overrides, mirror/rear screen heaters, all topped off with other fudge factors.

If you want to kick your start/stop back into life the disconnect the current sensor connector at the battery negative terminal for 30 seconds. This will cause the system to enter a default start-up intial stage of calibration. However this will only last for a while till the system convinces itself that *all* conditions are not being met for Start/Stop.

If you disconnect your battery you should not need a radio/connect code as the code is stored in the vehicles sytems and automatically applied.

Back