500 Cheap filters! +Driveshaft oil seals..

Currently reading:
500 Cheap filters! +Driveshaft oil seals..

JasonPap

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
As long as they are genuine Mann filters, they'll be fine. Hopefully only one postage charge, rather than one for each item. Watch that.

The 1.2 drive shaft seals are different left & right. My parts listing appears to list the same two for all gearboxes, so two the same won't work.

I suppose the driveshaft seals are model specific.

For my MY2010 fiat 500 twinair 86ps the driveshaft seals were listed as the same..

I came across some discounted filters (air filter, oil filter, cabin filter) from the same seller

The ebay listing states that the seller will post to the EU.

That doesn't include the UK, so I'd suggest that you first check with the seller that they'll post it to you.

From what I've heard on other sites, there may now be additional costs associated with receiving items from the EU - these may exceed the value of an oil filter.

I'd be wary of ordering anything from the EU just now, until we see how everything pans out.

Interestingly there's an article on this very subject in today's DM

Obviously this doesn't apply to any of our members living in the EU!

Last edited:
I suppose the driveshaft seals are model specific.

For my MY2010 fiat 500 twinair 86ps the driveshaft seals were listed as the same..

The Fiat listing I have shows different seals L/R, but appear to be the same for all engines.
I replaced mine on the 1.2 last year, and they were definitely different.

The seller shows two seals, of the same part number.
Febi, the supplier, lists two different part numbers. https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/shaft-seal-manual-transmission-10870/fiat/500/500-312/2723-0-9

Fiat say they are different.
Febi say they are different.
Or you could go with the eBay seller.

On the 1.2, the exhaust sits just below the right seal, so it cooks, so having two right ones may not be a bad thing.

Last edited:
Back